Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as several of my projects are starting to come to an end and hopefully sell in the near future, i am beginning the search for a decent 65-66 fastback project. I am looking for something that has no rust in the frame rails, quarters or fenders. I plan on making a gt-350 Clone with a supercharged big bore 4 bolt main 427Windsor, mini-tubbed rear wheel wells, flared front and rear fenders, TCI front suspension, 9" rear, 4 wheel disc brakes, shelby gauges, etc.
If anybody knows of a decent body, please contact me.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
This might be a little nicer than what you were looking to start with, but then again you would have some really nice stuff to sell off too.

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2

Plus you could take a pretty nice trip to down to pensacola beach then drive it back.

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does look very nice, maybe too nice. I think i might feel a little guilty cutting that one up.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
A few years ago I was looking for a fastback. You're going to pay for one. They have been bought up and turned into Shelby or Elenor clones. There aren't a ton left, so the price is high.

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few years ago I was looking for a fastback. You're going to pay for one. They have been bought up and turned into Shelby or Elenor clones. There aren't a ton left, so the price is high.
Its all about looking in the right places and having patience. However,i do agree that for the most part, the prices are up.
I bought a nice 66 last year, but ended up selling it a few weeks later since i had too many projects going on simultaneously and had nowhere to store it. I ended up making two grand off of the sale. I missed out on a really nice gt350 clone that sold for 22,000. I guess the guy was in a bad spot because he must have had 45 or more in the car.

Oh and to each his own,but i do not care for the eleanor kit on a 65-66. It's just night right.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Well, this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but it looks like a real nice project. It's a true 1969 Mach 1 that needs restoring. I bet that would be badass with a 427 in it.

1969 Mustang mach1

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Well, this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but it looks like a real nice project. It's a true 1969 Mach 1 that needs restoring. I bet that would be badass with a 427 in it.

1969 Mustang mach1
If the subframe and everything isn't completely rotted away, that's a steal!!!

If it was closer, I would be all over looking at it and buying. That's the best year for the Mustang. :yes

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If the subframe and everything isn't completely rotted away, that's a steal!!!

If it was closer, I would be all over looking at it and buying. That's the best year for the Mustang. :yes

If I wasn't already in the dog house over my current project I would have snapped it up.

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is way cheap. I wonder if it is a real mach 1? Something tells me there is more to the story of the car though than the pictures show.

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the link, but Im not interested in having a coupe VIN on a fastback. I dont think the car would be worth much with a coupe VIN and a fiberglass reproduction body if i ever went to sell it. What i am really looking for is something that does not need a lot of metal work. A good solid car that i can tub the wheel wells on and have my shop make metal fenders for to weld on. That is really about it. The only fiberglass i want on the car is the hood.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts