Modded Mustang Forums banner

621 - 640 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
You waited that long for that end product? Man, that's unbelieveable! Didn't realise MLC was still in business.

Glad Rich can help out. MTF rocks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's 50 bucks you will never see. No one is better than MTF...products or customer service.

Outstanding as always Rich.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
Rich's console arrived about a week ago, ain't it purdy?

As much as I hate to molest anything Rich has blessed, I needed to make a few changes to suit my needs.

First, The whole point of my undertaking a console project was to relocate my air-conditioning vents closer to me, instead of up under the dash. With a console installed, I definitely have to move them, because the console takes up the spot where the vents were. Based on my custom design I was going to move the vents 3" forward and 8 inches up. Putting them in Rich's console would have moved them forwards about 2", and up 0" so I started looking into other options. I decided to move the radio down into the console, and try to find an AC vent that will fit into the DIN slot that the radio came out of (I have a few leads, but this is a work in progress if anyone has suggestions.).

Second, my dash is silver, I have a brushed silver gauge panel (on the list to replace) that doesn't match the dash, and now a brushed metal console that doesn't match either. I plan to replace the gauge panel with a carbon fiber one, so i thought that putting CF on the console would work out well.

Third, Rich is getting old. He seems to think I have a T5 in my car. Since I have a top loader, I needed to enlarge the opening for the shifter and find a larger boot.

By the way I got the bubble out you see below. it didn't show up until I hit it with the flash

·
Registered
125 Posts
I guess now you'll be wanting the new 6 gauge cluster and the matching piece for the glove box in carbon fiber. I should get the quote for the tooling cost next week.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
Yesterday was the most beautiful day of the year, sunny and 65. So today I decided to enter my first car show ever. It was just a local pull up and register deal. Last year there were about 50 cars. Today there were probably closer to 25 cars due to the weather. I lasted about 45 minutes before the rains drove me home. If I had gone by myself I might have stuck it out, but the kids weren't too happy just sitting in the car trying to wait out the rain. I snapped some pictures in between thunderstorms.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Unless I find something I personally like better, I'm going with Sport Comp II. Love the simple black/white lighting setup and they offer a fairly large selection of gauge types...Wide band, trans temp, they are full sweep.

The gauges in my MDX are similar in color scheme, great during the day and night.

Not a fan of the logo though...awful big, maybe I could shade it with a Sharpie. :)

621 - 640 of 885 Posts