Modded Mustang Forums banner

641 - 660 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Can the back light be changed on the JVC head unit?

Definitely want to take that into account when you put the package together. Cobalt's might look cool or it may be too much of a good thing type of scenario.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
The head unit has 40 possible colors. I decided against the Comp gauges because of the large logo. Also looking to make my car a little different, and they seem pretty common.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just go with what you like best...I don't think too many people will ever see my car besides me and I don't see too many other cars, so I'm not really worried about being different for different's sake.

Maybe change the head unit to red and run with the Redlines...goes with the car. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
Other than the wheels, it is pretty much stock. He got a great deal on the car, but the paint job is a 20 footer. After he rebuilds the motor and suspension it will be going back to bare metal to see what horrors lie beneath.

·
Registered
283 Posts
On the gauges, check out SpeedHut. You can customize pretty much any visual aspect of the gauges, and the prices are quite reasonable.

I use their gauges in my 2012. I got satin black bezels, blue lighting, a font similar to my OEM cluster, red needles, and the "Ford Racing" logo. Here's a pic of them installed:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
Man I wish you had stopped by two days ago. I just ordered the redlines, but these speed hut are exactly what I was looking for. I think I will send the redlines back and order the speed hut setup like this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's a very nice looking gauge...worth the hassle of sending the other one's back.

Love the simplicity. Very customizable with the colors, no logos...I think I may end up with a set of these as well...but then you won't be different from me so you can't use them. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
I was thinking about the Ford logo or the running pony, can't quite make up my mind. Probably go with blank, but I'm mulling it over.

I can't believe I didn't find any references to speedhut on google when I was looking for gauges, that is exactly what I was looking for.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Good looking car man!

Who did you deal with at Stang-Aholics? I know Ryan decently, he's one of my dealers.

641 - 660 of 885 Posts