Modded Mustang Forums banner

881 - 885 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
Well installing the pre-bent fuel line damn near doubled the time of the project. It took about 4.5 hours to wrangle the tube into place. It might have been quicker to drop the exhaust and emergency brake, but I have a firm policy of not touching something that is working, so I just kept hammering away until the line was installed.

The stock line enters the engine bay in front of the shock tower near the fuel pump. I used a tubing bender to reshape the last few feet and have it enter just behind the shock tower. I had to trim about 18" off, I used a double flare kit to re-make the end of the line. While I had the tubing bender out I made a new return line that exited the engine bay right beside the supply line and followed it back under the car. I also installed some 3/8" fuel shutoff lines near the fuel tank so that I don't have to drain the tank in the future if I need to do any maintenance on the fuel lines. I've let it run for 5 minutes and don't appear to have any leaks. I'll let it run much longer tomorrow and if it is still leak free I'll put everything back together.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working right now is the fuel gauge. I'll break out he multimeter while I have the car in the air and see if the sending unit is even giving an ohms reading.

·
7,910 Posts
Well installing the pre-bent fuel line damn near doubled the time of the project. It took about 4.5 hours to wrangle the tube into place. It might have been quicker to drop the exhaust and emergency brake, but I have a firm policy of not touching something that is working, so I just kept hammering away until the line was installed.

The stock line enters the engine bay in front of the shock tower near the fuel pump. I used a tubing bender to reshape the last few feet and have it enter just behind the shock tower. I had to trim about 18" off, I used a double flare kit to re-make the end of the line. While I had the tubing bender out I made a new return line that exited the engine bay right beside the supply line and followed it back under the car. I also installed some 3/8" fuel shutoff lines near the fuel tank so that I don't have to drain the tank in the future if I need to do any maintenance on the fuel lines. I've let it run for 5 minutes and don't appear to have any leaks. I'll let it run much longer tomorrow and if it is still leak free I'll put everything back together.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working right now is the fuel gauge. I'll break out he multimeter while I have the car in the air and see if the sending unit is even giving an ohms reading.
I'm getting mine back this weekend from the guy that's been replacing my floors and then I have to do the fuel line from tank to engine. Not really looking forward to it but it's the entire piece from front to back like yours.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #883
If your e-brake is not hooked up it will help. Also my cut-outs complicated things. If you can get the car high enough to stand under, that will really really help. On your back with 16" of clearance isn't much.

·
7,910 Posts
If your e-brake is not hooked up it will help. Also my cut-outs complicated things. If you can get the car high enough to stand under, that will really really help. On your back with 16" of clearance isn't much.
Unfortunately it's all complete under the car. I put some pictures up of the shitshow that my floor was in my build.

I wish I had known you were selling that 351 sooner, I would have sniped it.

881 - 885 of 885 Posts