Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just throwin some ideas around and was just wonderin how difficult it would be to transfer my 98 GT engine, k member, trans, and drivetrain into a classic mustang... like a 65 or 66. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
353 Posts
well you'll have to redo the suspension, because you'll have to eliminate the shock towers to make room for that motor, i'm pretty sure everything else will bolt up, with minor modification. Worst comes worst, you might have to make the transmission tunnel a little bigger, but I doubt it. Now, if you had a 67-70 it might be easier, because they're wider to begin with, though I don't own one, nor know off my head the measurements of a modular motor, so *shrug*

·
Registered
353 Posts
it's his car =P let him do what he wants. Personally, I wouldn't put a non stock, or stock equivalent motor in my classic either. But if he wants to do it, power to him. It'll take work, like i said before, cause it wasn't designed to hold that motor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EFI modular engine do not belong in classic cars!!!
)
I do agree with that... but I live in California. This state is so liberal :)mad:) I want to be able to pass emissions and legally drive a great lookin car.

·
Registered
353 Posts
)
I do agree with that... but I live in California. This state is so liberal :)mad:) I want to be able to pass emissions and legally drive a great lookin car.

a 65 should be exempt, I'm not particularly familiar with cali law, but most states have laws so a classic car can exist and still be drivable =p

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
yea my 66 is exempt from emissions, hell i can throw on outlaw parts and be fine

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
In the affected counties, smog certification is required for all vehicles except the following:
  • Diesel powered vehicles
  • Electric vehicles
  • Hybrid vehicles
  • Motorcycles
  • Trailers
  • Natural gas powered vehicles more than 14,000 pounds
  • Qualifying vehicles made in 1975 or older

·
Registered
353 Posts
eh well nevermind. I can't find one on the cali website. You're boned. California sucks.

edit: YAY go vinyl66!

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
dude i live in california and have a 65 mustang that pollutes a ton

it doesnt matter though

also have a 41 ford that pollutes even more

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the affected counties, smog certification is required for all vehicles except the following:
  • Diesel powered vehicles
  • Electric vehicles
  • Hybrid vehicles
  • Motorcycles
  • Trailers
  • Natural gas powered vehicles more than 14,000 pounds
  • Qualifying vehicles made in 1975 or older
Good call on that one. I don't want to abide by their rules, but unfortunately its inevitible that these libs are tryin to get rid of oil production and stiffening the laws. I don't have the vehicle yet, but really want one. Thanks for all the opinions and sorry for offending some of you... :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do what i'm gonna do, wait till ethanol is available locally, and convert it, then nobody will mess with you, and there are further exemptions.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
its a damn classic people!!!!!

they don thave to pass any tests just need to be registered

·
Registered
6 Posts
yea you shouldn't have to worry about passing emissions with a 65. I have a 66 with a bored out 302 10:1 compression, headers, tail pipes chopped behind the mufflers, comp cam. It's a gas guzzlin honda exterminater, and all I have to do is pass a safety inspection. I just took it this year....my reverse lights are shot, and the inspection guys were so impressed with what was under the hood they gave me a brake and passed me haha

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, I live in Cali too, you don't have to worry about emissions for sure. You could put a 460 in there if you wanted, it wouldn't matter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts