Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building this car for a friend of mine he decided he wanted to put a Scott Drake Shaker on it, received the parts and noticed that the 351 Windsor motor has an Edelbrock carburetor and an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake , this is way too tall to install this air cleaner , does anybody know what the dimensions are from the top of the carburetor base to the top of the valve cover would be on a Cast iron Windsor intake. Or has anyone been thru this. I did order the big block shaker because they said it's the one for the Windsor motor . Also said it will need to be modified. It's a mile off.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Check to make sure there is not a phenolic spacer under the carb, that can add anywhere from 1-2".
do what aj said. we had a spacer in between our edelbrock carb and intake and it caused it to sit to high up. as far as modifying went I knew our body guy had to cut a hole a little bigger than the template and take the spacer off.

plus make sure you save the air filter number. we lost ours and have a hard time finding replacements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts