Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that i decent time for a 1996 cobra with bolt ons and gears. in the 1/8? thats on 285/40/17 street tires spinning first. how much would drag radials inprove??

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
good job man!

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
lmao! oh the randomness!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinkin about the inlet pipe and a tune. its a pretty new motor the other blew up. so im starting to rebuild it now. once i get close to finishing it im going to spray the hell out of the motor i got. :)

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
I think those are damn good times for minimal mods on street tires! A good, sticky set of back tires will really knock that time down.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
The 96-98 Cobra have the solid axle and it is 28 spline.

Also, are you really running that time? If that time translates like the post above says, 12.50 for a N/A SN95 Cobra is ridiculously fast. Hell, if it had slicks I'd say that is too fast. Hell, you're spinning too?

Don't dump the clutch on your daily driver. Slip it quickly, not worth that minor time improvement. I'd rather burn my clutch up than replace transmissions and rear ends.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
^good advice.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
The 96-98 Cobra have the solid axle and it is 28 spline.

Also, are you really running that time? If that time translates like the post above says, 12.50 for a N/A SN95 Cobra is ridiculously fast. Hell, if it had slicks I'd say that is too fast. Hell, you're spinning too?

Don't dump the clutch on your daily driver. Slip it quickly, not worth that minor time improvement. I'd rather burn my clutch up than replace transmissions and rear ends.
I wouldnt say thats ridiculously fast. 96-98 Cobras normaly run mid 13s on street tires at sea level. Just a good set of slicks and skinnies can put those cars in the 13.00 range. With bolt-ons and gears, i would expect the car to run mid 12s. On street tires? I dont know that seems fishy.... but 12.50s isnt un-common for a bolt-on SN95 Cobra with a good set of tires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts