Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Congrats, there's exceptions to every normal circumstance. I'm glad you got one of the rare Chrysler byproducts that actually works. As long as you're happy with your car that's all that matters.

I like mine to run, that's why I'll never own another Chrysler byproduct.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
since i show you all my rides here is one of my harley all american iron in my driveway

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
this is what she puts down at the dyno
340rwhp and 370retq sounds pretty health to me.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

You have to admit though that it is sad that the clutch was fried with only 4 passes at the strip. It sure is going to be an expensive car if you have to replace the clutch every time you go to the drag strip.
those are test cars dude give them a chance......

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
We are on a mustang forum so of course majority of the people will bash the car and the makers without giving them a chance.
o, i know dude,but as cool as that car is i would look forward to come out as good as can be,because lets face it,we R lucky to live in this period of time when all those cool cars are being made,i don't care who do make them,ford chevy dodge, I'm just happy to be here and enjoy them...if you know what i mean......
lucky we r not in the 80s when car with 190hp was considered high performance LOL....
you know what i mean.......

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
o, i know dude,but as cool as that car is i would look forward to come out as good as can be,because lets face it,we R lucky to live in this period of time when all those cool cars are being made,i don't care who do make them,ford chevy dodge, I'm just happy to be here and enjoy them...if you know what i mean......
Like the people back in the 60s and early 70s with all of the badass muscle cars being made.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
That is an overpriced turd that can't put the power down.
and the new hellcat isn't an overpriced turd that can't put its power down??? idk about you but the new gt500 puts its power down very well with launch control but i don't see it anywhere on the hellcat... can't say that i would trust its transmission either... so yeah, its an impressive car, but I'm not impressed... until i see one put down numbers and show me that it can handle that power I'm not swinging on any boats anchors

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
well its been two days, id say i won that argument lol
I don't come into this section often.

The hellcat will start at under $60k so I wouldn't call it overpriced. I have nothing against the new GT500s they are great cars and you are correct they are able to put the power down. The car you posted though was a Super Snake, not a normal GT500 and that is an overpriced turd of a car. Well really any car Shelby American does sucks IMO.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I'm going to be hugely impressed with dodge if they offer that car for less than 60k. The SRT8 392 starts at 47k.. 13 grand difference for that much more car? Gonna be impressed.

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
I'm going to be hugely impressed with dodge if they offer that car for less than 60k. The SRT8 392 starts at 47k.. 13 grand difference for that much more car? Gonna be impressed.
According to a guy on another forum a Chrysler rep said it was something like $59k. Of course I don't see anyone getting it for that cheap if it is true, dealers will put a huge markup on it.

EDIT: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1640398_SRT_Challenger_Hellcat_HP_707hp___update__pricing_leaked.html

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
Looks like they are doing something similar to the track key as well.

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The all-new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT, with its supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat engine, produces an unprecedented 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Challenger ever, Dodge's most powerful V-8 ever and the most powerful muscle car ever.

The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT with Hellcat HEMI V-8 engine is rated at 707 hp.
The Challenger's new 6.2-liter Supercharged Hellcat engine is also the first factory supercharged HEMI, as well as Dodge and SRT's first application of V-8 supercharger technology. For the first time in Chrysler Group history, the all-new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT with a Hellcat engine comes standard with two key fobs -- red and black. The red key fob is the only key that can unlock the full 707 horsepower and torque potential of the Challenger SRT Hellcat engine; while the black key fob limits the driver to a reduced engine output of 500 horsepower.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I saw that.

I wonder how much it will be like the boss with the other key, is there going to be a separate exhaust? Is it off road only?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I'd prolly throw the black key in a drawer somewhere. This car looks great on paper, but I still think its too heavy . I'm kinda leary about what all they do to choke the motor out of 200+ HP with the black key. All these dang computers.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts