Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be getting it on next spring, im pretty excited, its my first project, and its got some simple body and engine work to do, so its a great learning experiance. so my question is, should i do just a resto, and leave it factory, or should i do like a resto mod. first thing visually are the rims, i like the new magnum 500's and i think they would look great on it, what do you think?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like a great choice for a project! I'm in a pretty similar boat... I just bought a yellow '73 Mach 1 a couple months ago, and am torn between keeping it original or doing a restomod.

But to answer (part of) your question, I think the Magnum 500s will look great! I've seen them on a '71 before... really looked good with the black hood and Mach 1 accents. I want a set myself!

Best of luck with your car! :D

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, congrats on a great buy lol, last year of the true muscle car. but as far as the 500's go i dont mean the small ones, im thinking the ones that look like the 03-04 mach 1 rims

·
Registered
16 Posts
Those ones are still really cool... I still think they'd look good!

I know lots of places make kits for putting modern wheels on old Mustangs. I see them advertised in some of my parts catalogs all the time, so I'm sure it'd be easy to do!

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, if i remember correctly i check the bolt pattern and its the same, but i might just end up tubbing it out and throw some fat ass slicks in there and build a 460 or somthing and race her, im still debating though, cause it will be expensive

·
Registered
890 Posts
If it's a mach 1, don't tub it and race it. You can find another cheap 71-73 fastback or coupe to turn into a drag car.

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would like to do something with that 351 though, its a sweet engine, and lots of pontetial, that has already been somewhat tapped into by the previous owner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts