Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about spraying my 02 v6 stang once i finish with my current mods. i would like to get into the mid-high 13's and would like some opinions. here are the mods ill have:

4.10 gears, posi-trac diff, sct livewire, bbk shorty headers, flowmaster dual exhaust, k&n high flow filter, ported upper with 65mm inlet, halfshafted 65mm throttle body, intake spacer, pi 3000 stall torque converter, j-mod, tranny cooler, lca's, 25% crank pulley.

i will be running on 18*9 chrome saleen rims so what size shot would be needed to get into the mid 13's? and is this safe on a daily driver? im gonna go with the wet kit but not sure about direct shot or not. im thinking about a 75 shot.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
A 75shot will DEFFINITLY take you they're thats pretty much full bolt ons...well it is and more. i'd say you could get low 13s with that and practice with drag tires!

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
direct port, is a lot of work and for a 75 shot isnt worth the work, just a wet nozzle you'll see 13s

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sell them and get 17's :].

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
grab 2 15x8 or 9 cragars soft 8s for 32 bucks apiece and put slicks on them and just change them when you race

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
There is a member called Punypony on 3.8mustang.com that is running 12.6's with the 75 shot all boltons and slicks. Hes also running on weld prostars. You can pull off a 13 but you need to do some weight reduction.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
There is a member called Punypony on 3.8mustang.com that is running 12.6's with the 75 shot all boltons and slicks. Hes also running on weld prostars. You can pull off a 13 but you need to do some weight reduction.
he's got ALOT of weight reductions
that was a 100shot pass btw
windstar intake manifold
dyno tune as well.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
he's got ALOT of weight reductions
that was a 100shot pass btw
windstar intake manifold
dyno tune as well.
Your right he was running the 100 shot on that pass but he still ran low 13's with the 75 shot. I didnt think he had done the windstar intake swap yet? at least i havent seen him post anything about it. Are you guys ever going to race?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Your right he was running the 100 shot on that pass but he still ran low 13's with the 75 shot. I didnt think he had done the windstar intake swap yet? at least i havent seen him post anything about it. Are you guys ever going to race?
dont know
i know me an saleen are suppose to. but i probably wont make it up there until i get my tune for 10psi which hopefully will be end of april
i have to finish building Obdnanrs motor then maybe i'll see if he gets tuned by justin we can both get tuned up there or something

but with the 75-80shot he did manage 13.3s with the slicks which isnt bad at all.
96bboy managed a 13.0 with mostly the same setup...but he fried his clutch and 8.8 =/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts