Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were getting out old truck running good again and my dad said he was going to put a new set of mufflers on it to make it a lil quieter.... It has straight through mufflers on it right now... I'm gunna try and put them on my stang... the only problem is, they look a little long... I think they'll fit, they'll be at an angle tho... It was either these, or id pay to get brand new LM1s.... Think this is a good idea???

·
Registered
498 Posts
i think its s good idea too. but are the in good conditions?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There not dented or anything... but there probably pretty worn... I just want them because I know they'll baffle the exhaust some, and have some backpressure... so I think they'll have a good tone and be much louder than my flowmaster 40s..

·
Registered
498 Posts
yeah probably... i have flowmaster 40s right now and im more than happy :)with them.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have a great tone... but I just want it much louder.... the straight throughs will be LOUD, especially since there from 1978... they'll still make some backpressure so thats good too...

·
Registered
498 Posts
yeah dats true..... i wouldnt mind something louder either

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
plain and simple, get **** that is made for your car, dont go and nword rig stuff into your stang. its not a $200 cavalier with euro tail lights and a huge spoiler, its a mustang.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
plain and simple, get **** that is made for your car, dont go and nword rig stuff into your stang. its not a $200 cavalier with euro tail lights and a huge spoiler, its a mustang.
big +1, why are people so damn cheap. look on craigslist, and find a used catback for 100 bucks for christ sakes.

you have a $10K car, but dont want to pay $75 bucks for a decent set of flowmaster mufflers.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
People need to read the hole thread b4 they say something...

OK.... I ALREADY HAVE FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS!!!!!!! THEY ARE ON MY CAR RIGHT NOW, AND I THINK THEY ARE not LOUD ENOUGH. SO I AM PUTTING THESE MUFFLERS ON. A MUFFLER IS A MUFFLER, THERE REAALY AINT SPECIFIC MUFFLERS FOR OUR STANG, NOTICE: (WHEN I BOUGHT MY FLOW 40'S, THEY DIDNT SAY, FOR THE 99-04 GT's, THEY SAID universal! So dont call me cheap, because im NOT. And dont tell me to go out and buy a catback, NOTICE IF YOU READ THE THREAD< I ALREADY HAVE SHORTY MUFFLERS, High FLow CATTED X PIPE, And a Maganflow CATBACK WITH FLOW40s mufflers..... OK??? so damnm stfu I asked for opinions not your bs...

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
flowmasters are big pieces of **** end of story. They are all hype but nothing else. Everyone says what they will about them about being loud and what not, i had them on my car for the magazine shootout and like i said earlier, when your wife comes out and says why does your car sound like a pussy, ITS CAUSE FLOWMASTERS SOUND LIKE ****. Don't put something from 50 ****ing years ago on your car cause you want it louder. There is something as new technology and new mufflers you can buy that are loud and will more than likely fit better also. You have bullet mufflers from dynomax, slp, and magnflow, try those first.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
cause more than likely what is on there are cheap glasspacks cause thats what most people put on trucks back in the day including me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts