Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 1978 2+2 and it needs a new gas tank. ive searched almost everywhere online, but i can't find a new one anywhere. can anyone help?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, I'm still waiting to hear back on a certification course I need (machine operator), but I've finally managed to book some shop time for the Rat Snake, so I'm collecting the last of the detail parts for the work on it. I'm pulling the driveline, swapping in the manual steering rack, putting in the 4.10 Trak/Lok, hopefully getting the aluminum driveshaft shortened, swapping in the RAD 4, and with some more minor fab work, putting in a set of long tube headers with dual glasspacks and turn-outs.

Before it goes into the shop, I still need to finish the trim work, install the flip-out 1/4 windows, trim out the cargo panels to clear the rollbar I have to force into place, and re-install the rest of the interior.

I may or may not get to sanding the body and shooting a coat of paint before summer, but I know the rear spoiler needs some special attention...

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
that's a bunch of gas tanks.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Well, I'm still waiting to hear back on a certification course I need (machine operator), but I've finally managed to book some shop time for the Rat Snake, so I'm collecting the last of the detail parts for the work on it. I'm pulling the driveline, swapping in the manual steering rack, putting in the 4.10 Trak/Lok, hopefully getting the aluminum driveshaft shortened, swapping in the RAD 4, and with some more minor fab work, putting in a set of long tube headers with dual glasspacks and turn-outs.

Before it goes into the shop, I still need to finish the trim work, install the flip-out 1/4 windows, trim out the cargo panels to clear the rollbar I have to force into place, and re-install the rest of the interior.

I may or may not get to sanding the body and shooting a coat of paint before summer, but I know the rear spoiler needs some special attention...
That's kew! Post some pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know that reproduction tanks recently became available.

Shoot an email to Scott at SSC. He's got the info.

Love this forum and the site that you posted. If you have links to other sites I would love to have them. I just purchased a 78 Cobra. My fuel gauge isnt working at the moment. This is my first mustang and I love it. I have a few odds and ends to work on but over all I think I got a good deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts