Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm going to be upgrading to an 8.8. I have a '95. Do I need an 8.8 off of a '94-'95...or will one from '94-'98 work just fine. Also, do any of you know where I can find one in VA? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one used. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
FWIW... not sure what gear set you are looking for but you can get a brand new 79-98 8.8 with 3.73's from FRPP for about $800, maybe cheaper if you know someone that can apply a discount.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Actually, you can use one from any '86-'98 Mustang. They are the same length. The only notable modification you'd need to make to a Foxbody 8.8 would be swapping your current axles into it in place of the Fox's 4-lug axles.

Shouldn't be too hard to find one. If you want to drive to FL, I've got an extra w/ 3.55 gears you can have for $150 :)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Actually, you can use one from any '86-'98 Mustang. They are the same length. The only notable modification you'd need to make to a Foxbody 8.8 would be swapping your current axles into it in place of the Fox's 4-lug axles.

Shouldn't be too hard to find one. If you want to drive to FL, I've got an extra w/ 3.55 gears you can have for $150 :)
If I was closer and drove a '98-, I would take you up on that. (definitly a good deal)

·
Registered
452 Posts
If I was closer and drove a '98-, I would take you up on that. (definitly a good deal)
Yeah, I got a good deal on it, so I'm happy to pass that savings along. It should probably have the t-loc rebuilt and new bearings being that they're from the 80's, but still... the rebuild kit is what? $100 or so?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'm looking to run 4.10s. $150 is an awesome deal...but alas Florida is too far away. I will continue to look for one closer to me. It's actually harder than I thought it wound be to find a used 8.8. If any of you come across one in VA, please drop me a pm and let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys I might be able to get a good deal on an 8.8 from a 2004 GT. Will that fit in my '95? Or do I need '98 or older?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts