Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about getting a limited slip and 3.73 gears. But do I need to get a 8.8 rear end? or can I keep it stock?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
no you can buy the gears and limited slip from american muscle but i would recommend saving and just getting the 8.8 with 3.73s

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks T-Money

·
Registered
584 Posts
By the time you're done installing the gears & t-lok on the 7.5 you'll be in the ballpark of an 8.8 which is stronger and comes with t-lok from the factory

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry to thread jack, but I've been saving up for the 8.8 w/3.73s NTO doesn't have them anymore and only has 4.10s. I am 100% certain I do not want 4.10s is there anywhere else I can find an 8.8 new/fairly new with 3.73s and a factory T-lok?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one more question. If I get a 8.8 rear end would i have to upgrade the driveshaft?? and if so what are some good driveshafts?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sorry to thread jack, but I've been saving up for the 8.8 w/3.73s NTO doesn't have them anymore and only has 4.10s. I am 100% certain I do not want 4.10s is there anywhere else I can find an 8.8 new/fairly new with 3.73s and a factory T-lok?
ebay

I have one more question. If I get a 8.8 rear end would i have to upgrade the driveshaft?? and if so what are some good driveshafts?
no the ones that nto sells and also has on ebay are all for the 4.0 and will bolt right up to the factory driveshaft

·
Registered
584 Posts
Have to, no, but it is a good mod. Weighs less, stronger (the factory ones like to break apart above ~120) and frees up some hp. If you're interested look at the Shaftmasters products

If you're sticking with the factory DS and getting an 8.8 make sure it either comes with the Cobra pinion flange, or you get one from latemodelresto or the like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts