Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 v6 5 speed. I know a guy parting out a 94 gt with a locked 8.8 rear with 3.55s, will that be a direct bolt in or pain in the ass? If it fits should i use the brakes and everything off the gt or mine?

Thanks guys.

Sorry to start a new thread boys. :sorry

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
its probly gonna be a pita... if u could find one out of a 99-04 gt im pretty sure u would be good to go

·
Registered
218 Posts
i think the pre 99 axles are a little shorter that the 99-04 axles. It should still bolt up fine. Im not positive though.
Ya, they are 0.75" shorter on each side I believe (but not 100% sure). I think it bolts up fine (again, not sure), but I wouldn't want a narrower axle on the new edge, its already hard enough to fill up those back wheel wells.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of modifications? The brakes? Would a set of inch and a half wheel spacers even it out nicely?

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
dont use wheel spacers... ive heard they can shear the bolts... im gonna take mine off once i get a lower profile tire

·
Registered
46 Posts
you wanna give me those spacers since you dont want them and i dont give a rats ass about the bolts on my 7.5 rear :)

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
dont use wheel spacers... ive heard they can shear the bolts... im gonna take mine off once i get a lower profile tire
if you have low quality spacers then that could be a problom but a good set of spacers wont sear your bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would i be better off just getting a locker for my 7.5? There only what? 200 bucks. I know the 8.8 is stronger but it would be cheaper and easier to lock my 7.5. I dont really beat on my shyt, and its not like its supercharged... any opinions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts