Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my friend has an older ranger (90's somethin not sure i'll ask)
will a ranger 8.8" rear swap to my 98 mustang?
reason i ask... i told him i'd give him 100 bucks for it... and he is leaning toward saying yes.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang... any way to find out for sure?
that sure'd be awesome... 100 dollars for an 8.8 lol

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
they are different... but what is stopping you from moving over your mount for your shocks and control arms?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you do that? / how hard is it...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Or you could just go to the local junk yard and look for a 96-98 year model GT and grab it out. I've looked into doing this exact thing, I have a 98 V6 as well, usually looking at like $150 to $200 depending on the condition of the 8.8". At these places you can sometimes haggle a little. Then of course you will need to do a rebuild(kit is like $80) no mater what, its just a good idea. The whole project prob wont cost more than $350 if you can do it all yourself(if keeping stock gears in 8.8". More if you want to do the 3.73s or 4.10s). I hope to do the same thing in a few months.

·
Registered
154 Posts
there is a yard in my town that lets you remove parts from cars yourself, and it cost $1 to get in and a full rearend cost $45. so a junk yard may be a good idea to check

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
can you do that? / how hard is it...
yes, and kinda hard... you need to have a good eye, welding skills... a measuring tape. patience is good thing to have as well... but all your doing is moving the brackets to the new rear end

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i dont have a welder/i havent ever welded anything. so i guess that plans out...
its just there arent any frikkin wrecked mustangs in any of the junkyards here! driving me nuts, i went down the phone book calling!

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
why do you want an 8.8 because you are far from needing it now, so unless a built moter is in your futcher then it is un needed

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
at first i was thinking on buildin my v6... but now im thinkin v8.
i need to get the crap prepared for the 8... B4 i put it in

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
if youre preparing for a v8, start by selling your car

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
He has already talked about this on another thread. He can't afford the insurance and he thinks that the swap will be cheaper:eek:. IMHO I think he should go FI. I can afford the insurance for a V8, but I'm working towards a stroked out V6 with a TT:eek:.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
there is a yard in my town that lets you remove parts from cars yourself, and it cost $1 to get in and a full rearend cost $45. so a junk yard may be a good idea to check
not as easy as it sounds
ive tried 4 different yards
the ONLY GT i found was a 96-98 and EVERYTHING was gone. motor, interior, rear end all gone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts