Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I've been looking for a used 8.8 for a '95, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding one in my area:(. I know a few good places to buy the gears. I was wondering...if I can't find one used does anyone know where I can get a new 8.8 w/t'lok? Preferably with 4.10s already in it. I would really rather get used cuz it would be cheaper. I'll keep looking, but I just was wondering about where to find a new one if it comes to that. Thanks

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Look around other areas and craigslist other places like that and have it shipped. It will still be cheaper than new.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking on craigslist and e-bay. The only things that I have found have been between $600-$1000 (some had 3.73 already in them but I want 4.10). Plus shipping which seems to usually run around $200. That is $800(after shipping) minimum, and I'll still have to buy the gears (+$130) plus pay for install. I'm pretty sure that I can get new for that kind of money. However, I'm also pretty sure that I can find used for less than that. I guess I just need to keep looking. If anyone sees a good deal please let me know. Just to compare, I would still like to see what I could get a new one for.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
sucks for you :dunno

just gotta keep looking is all i can say if you are going to buy used... you might be able to find some good wreckers or somethin like that... post in the clubhouse that your looking for a good junk yard or used mustang parts yard in VA or surrounding area see what they say

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
dude ive been looking for over a year and i got lucky enough to find one on a forum that a buddy found for me

if you google mustang forums with lots of v8 guys you'll find LOTS of 98 and lower 8.8s
even if its 4 lug thats EASY to change...just buy different axles

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really...sweet! Everything that people were saying said 98 or older. if a 2004 will work...then I think I'm set. Will I need to make any modifications? Will this require an axle swap?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i didn't know 99-04 gt rear ends will bolt up to 94-98 body..? You sure chris?

·
Registered
452 Posts
i didn't know 99-04 gt rear ends will bolt up to 94-98 body..? You sure chris?
An '03-'04 Cobra IRS will essentially bolt into a Foxbody...

There may be a couple bolt-size differences, but just like pre-99 8.8's go into 99+ bodies with just a couple very minor modifications, it'll go the other way, too.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
An '03-'04 Cobra IRS will essentially bolt into a Foxbody...

There may be a couple bolt-size differences, but just like pre-99 8.8's go into 99+ bodies with just a couple very minor modifications, it'll go the other way, too.
i never knew the irs of the cobra would fit a fox... awesome

·
Registered
452 Posts
i never knew the irs of the cobra would fit a fox... awesome
Well, it's a little more involved than a solid 99+ swap into a pre-99, but it's not as complicated as one might think.

Maybe someone around here will try it.... :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Pretty much all the rear suspension mounts are the same between 79-04. IRS bolts in the same 4 spots.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Pretty much all the rear suspension mounts are the same between 79-04. IRS bolts in the same 4 spots.
Well, in the same area, but there are special brackets (and sometimes some minor fabrication) in order to install the IRS.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts