Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you have 800 dollars....gears....or black chrome cobras?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Is this even a question?

Gears.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
yep. daaaa gears

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will I be able to tell a difference in them?

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not since your already pushing so much raw pure power... lol

though you were getting a cobra??
88,000 miles on this car, it's all paid off, and it's easy to modify. Do I want a cobra **** yeah I do! But it'd be a bad finical choice to do that and I don't need that.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yes, gears will wake it up quite a bit!
And good thinkin about the financial stuff. Its really not a good time to be wasting money. Not saying a cobra is a waste, but you never know what can happen these days.

·
Registered
288 Posts
+1 on gears. u will tell the difference and love it. and cause i still have that speed calibrator i need to get rid of lol

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1 on gears. u will tell the difference and love it. and cause i still have that speed calibrator i need to get rid of lol
I need help installing them though...I don't really wanna take it somewhere and get it done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
well if youre doing them yourself, youll have plenty of money left over. gears are only $150..install is what you really pay for.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well if youre doing them yourself, youll have plenty of money left over. gears are only $150..install is what you really pay for.
I wanna do my T-lock also.

Edit: I also need oil, and the install and bearing kit. So about 360. Or I could just buy the gears, take it into my mechanic, and pay about 340.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i did all of this on my car. i have some of the tools u will need. if u have the rest i can help ya out. didnt u say u have a buddy who has all the tools and has done this too?
Yeah, he said he would help, if you've done it before your more than welcome to help us out. It'd be greatly appreciated and it'd be great to save some money.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
You have a trac loc. Thats just the name for you're traction system. Limited slip, positraction, sure grip, it's all the same thing. If you're in there swapping gears, it's a good idea to throw new clutches in while you're at it. Clutch packs are cheap. Just don't forget to put friction modifier in with the gear oil too.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have a trac loc. Thats just the name for you're traction system. Limited slip, positraction, sure grip, it's all the same thing. If you're in there swapping gears, it's a good idea to throw new clutches in while you're at it. Clutch packs are cheap. Just don't forget to put friction modifier in with the gear oil too.
Well i know that. I'm just wondering if I should redo it. If not then I'm just getting the gears.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts