Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just purchased a 83 gt for 300$ with no motor or trans, and lets add the floor pans are shot. The guy I purchased it from unplugged and removed all the wiring under them hood and im having issues figuring out what goes where. Heres what I have so far.

I have the ran the ignition starter relay down the passenger side. Just past that is the voltage regulator. So i have them wired and turned the key and heard the click so im guessing its correct. The voltage reg was a plug so that was easy. The right side is where Im really stuck. I hooked up the duraspark box with 2 connectors, the other I would Imagine runs to the distributor. I dont see the horse shoe looking connector that goes to the coil so i would imagine its one of the cut wires i have left. I would also like to locate the sensor wires for the tach, temp guage, horn and the wire that goes to the choke on the carb. Anyone have any diagrams or pictures of these items wired that I can see? The diagram in the back of the book is friggin retardly hard to read. Most wire colors dont seem to match up either... Please help.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
If the floor pans are shot, why even bother

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not hard to weld in new ones at the cost of 124$. I would rather fix her then send another stang to the bone yard.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
If you have the skills to do that, then i agree

1 - 4 of 4 Posts