Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 1984 svo as my first project car and i need to know if the svo can run just fine with out the inline fuel pump, if so how would i go about doing it, if not where can i get the right housing and the right pump????

·
Registered
368 Posts
Inline? Most of the svo mustangs i've seen use an in tank pump. Granted i'm not familiar with the 84 models. Probably go to the junkyard and find an 86-93 mustang and salvage the lines and run those. Far as I know the 2.3T and the n/a 2.3L share the same components except the motor and turbo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i happen to have a 85 Mustang SVO which had a pump in the tank and a pump on the sub frame. However i have upgraded to a Walbro 255 that is plenty for the modifacations that i have. it is ok to only run the tank pump that is if it is addiquite for the mods that you are trying to support. also assumeing that this one pump is a good one also. you will need to keep the fuel filter, and do a fuel pressure test somewhere around 39 with vacuum line off regulator. remembering that fuel pressure should rise 1 psi for every 1 psi of boost. Get a fuel pressure gauge at advanced auto or autozone for like 30 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts