Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YEAH it runs just like the top says! it was a freekin fuse link on the top right corner of the engine bay! im freekin happy! now i need to drop a new clutch line in and the steering column i just bought off an 87 stang for 30 bucks and im good to go! im gonna take it to the track by the middle of next month or maybe the end of next month. im sure itll all work out great by then! :D thanks guys for all your help youll be seeing more of me! ill try to post up a video clip of the car starting up when i get a chance to :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
glad you got it goin

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
king cobra clutch kit

·
Registered
437 Posts
I went with a King Cobra clutch kit from Summit

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ford HD clutch, centerforce, spec stage 2, Ram, are all good clutches.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you can get the king cobra clutch kit off ebay for like 170 after shippin

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
not dogging the "other" places to buy your clutch but if you decide to by parts like that, I would buy from jegs or summit... Purchase things like that with a warranty no matter how short the warranty last. Just my opinion. Tranny stuff I get from an actual warrenty carrying place and certain parts for my motor. I normally buy little **** that I have no problem buying within the same day from ebay know what I mean. Just helping out, not talking smack. "It's your bread, eat it the way you want"

Doing it yourself is not hard. Just google procedures of installing a clutch, pay attention to the details, keep your **** talking friends at home so you can concentrate, bring a couple of your true friends, and enjoy your clutch install. Now I saw you said you were going to the track in a couple months, SWEET can't wait for your times.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
YEAH it runs just like the top says! it was a freekin fuse link on the top right corner of the engine bay! im freekin happy! now i need to drop a new clutch line in and the steering column i just bought off an 87 stang for 30 bucks and im good to go! im gonna take it to the track by the middle of next month or maybe the end of next month. im sure itll all work out great by then! :D thanks guys for all your help youll be seeing more of me! ill try to post up a video clip of the car starting up when i get a chance to :D

NOBODY LIKES A BRAGGER!!!!!!

i am just jelous cause i cant get mine running :mad:

·
Registered
51 Posts
another vote for the King Cobra, just put one in my car and like it. It's easy to change, just get a manual and a torque wrench and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was also thinkin about replacing my clutch and i know that if you take it to a shop, they will cut the flywheel for you. What is cutting the flywheel? How important is it? and can you do it yourself?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts