Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i want to comvert my car to a serpintine belt and i was wondering weather the blocks changed at all in 86 because they had to make the water pump turn the other way?

so basically could i switch my pullys/brackets and altenator and power steering pump from a 86, then use a serpintine?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The block didn't change but the timing cover might be different. My 86 already had a serp belt on it. I thought all EFI mustangs had serp belts?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The block didn't change but the timing cover might be different. My 86 already had a serp belt on it. I thought all EFI mustangs had serp belts?

well mines a 78 block, i knew they switched them in 86, so i was basically asking 86 and up, sorry about that

so if i find a donor and pull the timing cover, ang get a water pump, all brackets, all pullys (what about the fan?, could i use my stock spacer?)...it should work?

except would i have to rewire anything going to the altenator?....are the power steering lines into the pump the same?

·
Registered
150 Posts
well mines a 78 block, i knew they switched them in 86, so i was basically asking 86 and up, sorry about that

so if i find a donor and pull the timing cover, ang get a water pump, all brackets, all pullys (what about the fan?, could i use my stock spacer?)...it should work?

except would i have to rewire anything going to the altenator?....are the power steering lines into the pump the same?
I think that the main difference on the 86 and newer block have the two holes in the lifter valley for a roller cam. I don't think the block will be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts