Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what to buy. I just sold one of my cars and im looking at 86 gt and a 86 svo. What do you think.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
get the SVO. can be just as fast if not faster. but one deciding factor; ELEVENTEEN DOLLARS PER GALLON.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Look for an '85 GT 5 speed. +'s = roller motor, 4V carb, no EFI easy bolt ons. -'s = 7.5 rear, dual into single and back to dual exhaust. Other than the third brake light, looks just like an '86. In addition, it will be worth more down the road. Last of the carbed 5.0s. I have a black '85 GT with 40,000 original miles and a Charcoal '86 GT w/ T tops with 58,000 original miles. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
it all depends on what you wanna do with the car the svo will handel and stop alot better and there are more wheel choices and worse case you drop in a 5.0 crate motor and have the best of both

·
Registered
333 Posts
It depends on what you like messing with---V8s or turbo 4s. SVOs come with lots more done to them from the factory in the way of 5 lugs and 4-wheel disc brakes, but there's lots of SVO specific parts that you'll pay through the nose for.

If you're looking at something "cheap" to buildup I'd go for the GT. If you want something a little different in looks/power and would like the challenge of something not so "mainstream" then I'd say go for the SVO.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
You can't be to picky with either as I doubt you are going to find many of either around, specially the SVO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts