Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get a complete 87-88 turbo motor and 5speed tranny with extra parts for 850 would this be a good buy? It comes with computer and vam meter. Only thing it lacks is radiator and something else.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what all do I need wiring wise? I though I could use my wiring haness and just re pin it. It comes with the computer and vam meter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
$850 is a lil on the high side I picked up two motors for $500, so it could be had for cheaper also vary's from location to location.

Also yes you can just re pin your harness, in fact I believe its easier and thats what I did. There are nice articles on how to do it on stinger performances website.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would it be wise to go ahead a re build one of te motors? I think the guy told me that stock is rated for 190hp. I'm new to all this so I don't really know to much about them. I was thinking about gutting the intake is that a good idea or not

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah I paid $300 when i bought mine.

Rebuilding is a good idea as long as you know what your doing. Everybody here will help with any problems you come across. gutting the intake(s) is a good idea..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah I paid $300 when i bought mine.

Rebuilding is a good idea as long as you know what your doing. Everybody here will help with any problems you come across. gutting the intake(s) is a good idea..
Its only a good idea if you want to run HIGH boost and or high rpm. If you gut the intake using a stock tune, it will give you no gain and its just a waste of time, and money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts