Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this truck runs perfect for about 2 mins after started cold then the number 6 injector starts to dump fuel in the cylinder. i can hear it start poping through the exhaust and only #6 spark plug get serious build-up when all the rest are nice and white like always. im guessing the eec is broken and closed loop is screwed because the thing is perfect for about 2 minutes of idle or drive. plugs/wires and tfi module are brand new "PIP is not" and i swapped #1 and #6 injector. tried a different map sensor also. when its idling badly, unplugging the Idle air control valve makes no change in the idle. in the first 2 minutes when its fine, unplugging the iac does kill the engine. it is showing KOER codes:

13 - Cannot control RPM during ER Self-Test low RPM check
32 - EVP circuit below minimum voltage of 0.24 volts.
41 - No HEGO switching detected always lean (right side).
77 - System failed to recognize brief WOT during Dynamic Response Test (user error). "i never did wot at test start
52 - Power steering pressure switch always open or closed.

anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i went after the lean code by bench testing the O2 sensor and it wouldnt go over 0.6 volt so i put in one that works and now the idle goes up to 1500rpm after the 2 minutes and engine seems much smoother. i checked tps volts and its at 1 volt. now the eec is no longer ignoring the idle air control valve and when unplugged the idle goes to 900rpm. i think #6 injector is balanced, engine seems smoother and exhaust is hotter. i think i checked all possible grounds and everything looks ok. the exhaust to chassis is 2ohm is that too high for the O2 sensor ground?
does this high idle sound like a idle air control valve issue or a pcm problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts