Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K my 87 snow plow bronco is hard to start itcranks and cranks and suters ten starts. If you turn the key on and of a couple times as to get more fuel pressur it starts easyer but i tested the pressure on the fuel rail wich is a 302 by the way and it is fine it is like it is bleeding off also we put a timing chain in it it jumped time about the same time as tis started could te dist be a tooth off or something?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i left it running all day yesterday to make sure i wouldnt have any starting problems most of the time i was pshing snow but still $160 in gas to run it for like 19 hours

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when we did the timing chain we tried a tooth both ways and could not get it to fire you cant turn the distb to much because of the big plug hits the i think it was the waterneck or the a/c cant remember maybe i will go try it again tonight

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
find tdc, pull distributor and see where its as. if its off just pull the distributor and rewire it, much easier than pulling timing cover.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What do you have for FP?

I had fuel problems on my 91FSB--ended up being two problems. I had a bad fuel pump (it had no power and I could only get a max of 32psi with the vacuum line off), and a bad injector (#5 plug ran rich and it would stick open and bleed off pressure).

I knew that I had a bad pump so I changed that first. Power was great, but pressure would still bleed off too quickly, ran overly rich, and #5 plug still didn't look right. I put the gauge back on and saw that my pressure was erratic when it was running (I guess my old pump didn't put out enough to make the FP jump like that).

After changing out the pump, injector, and filter it would start and run alot better. Now if only I can get my IAC problems ironed out!

With that all being said, it is possible that you are off on your distributor---or even your timing chain. You might have to start by finding TDC on #1, verifying your timing marks on your balancer line up, both valves are closed, and that your distributor is on #1.

If you need anymore Bronco specific info check out FullSizeBronco.com- great bunch of guys with lots of good information. If you get on there and have any questions feel free to ask--I go by the same screen name there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts