Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm In the midst of my build and i'm looking for a few pointers as to what I should do with what. I just got my block back from the machine shop its was a stock 302 I got it bored .030 over with all new bearings and such.
He are the parts I'm wondering about and wanted to know what you guys would do:
What clutch? Is the ford racing one decent? or should I go centerforce?
what Distributor? I was looking at this one : MSD Ignition 8456 - MSD Pro-Billet Ready-To-Run EFI Distributors - Overview - SummitRacing.com
What injectors?
What throttle bodie I was looking at this one: Trick Flow Specialties TFS-24575 - Trick Flow® Throttle Bodies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I'm going to be running gt-40 heads and upper and lower, Unless you guys can suggest something better. Car will be a street car and a daily driver.
Budget is 1500

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
When it come to your heads, there is better out there. like trick flow, used ones can be found for around $800

but is 1500 your complete budget to get the car running ? Why not use the stock distributor and save some money ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it come to your heads, there is better out there. like trick flow, used ones can be found for around $800

but is 1500 your complete budget to get the car running ? Why not use the stock distributor and save some money ?
No Its for how much I can spend on Distributor, injectors, clutch and head. That number should be more like 2,000.

Well If after market distributors aren't worth It ill use the stock one. What trick flow heads do you recommend?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
In your budget range the 170s
injectors 24-30lb used with matching mass air sensor
stock distributor
what ever throttle body you want but you want to match the size to the intake opening, for example if the intake opening in 70mm and you buy a 75mm TB then port the intake to a 75mm. if you dont want to port the intake, because your lazy then get a smaller TB...lol

get as much of this stuff used as you can, you will save alot of money

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In your budget range the 170s
injectors 24-30lb used with matching mass air sensor
stock distributor
what ever throttle body you want but you want to match the size to the intake opening, for example if the intake opening in 70mm and you buy a 75mm TB then port the intake to a 75mm. if you dont want to port the intake, because your lazy then get a smaller TB...lol

get as much of this stuff used as you can, you will save alot of money
Alright thanks for the tipps man :yes

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Stock distributor is fine, unless you're like me and just want it to be pretty, lolol. I got mine new in box off ebay shipped for 155. It's the only reason I have one. Stock distributor is good to 400 or so rwhp or some ****.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
theres a horse power limit with distributors ?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
true

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I also wanna say there are RPM limitations to the stocker as well. For 155 bucks to my door, I know I'm set either way.
I did figure there was an RPM limitation on it

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
We all know that I am a true believer in MSD boxes and all that, so figured I'd just get the distributor too, and be done with it. Everybody on here are anti ignition box nazi's but apparently don't pay attention to serious racers. You don't see many guys running 10's without one, lol. I'm not saying that a stock mustang, or even a 300 hp car needs one, but if you are over 350 crank, I think you will see the benefits. I been fortunate enough to never have one burn up on me, or any of my friends either, but I know that it's a reality. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Just removed my 6A off my car and fabbed a bracket for my Digital 6 to mount it on that will give me access to all the dials. Bet I get at least 50 bucks for it used too. People buy them for a reason. Now many of the Hardcore racers are using the 7 series boxes, but you get the idea. once again, take it as you will, but I will ALWAYS use one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts