Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive had the car awhile and its been sitting around mostly and now that ive got some moneys I'm thinking about rebuilding it. From what I was told it was an 87 mustang and had some motor mods. Only thing I remember is it had a ford f cam and a borla exhaust. But it has a maf and cobra intake. Leads me to believe it has a different motor than original. So what I'm getting at is where are the numbers located on the motor so I can look it up and find out what its from and if the cam is any good for a 320-350 Hp build? My goals for the motor are above Hp numbers and a reliable motor that will last awhile. I'm not working with a ton of money as I need to buy a roller for it , rebuild and test the block as well as some decent used heads. Also I have 373 gears in it with a t5 trans that I want to swap with a t56 so I can use that gas saving gear but still get up and roll when I floor it. :D. Any ideas are useful to give me a general range with a setup similar to the items listed above.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,399 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What else do u think I should get with that kit. I have about 2800 to get some parts and the roller and that would take it all so it would have to wait a little longer so I can do it all at once but it seems like a really nice bolt on kit.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
You are gona need a 255lph fuel pump, 24 lbs(min) injectors, matching calibrated mass air meter, 70mm throttle body & spacer, and a possible tune & you'll be set!!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I am a bit confused as to what you mean by this roller too?

But if you only have 2800 unless you buy used that isn't enough for a t56 swap.

And 350 all motor is a good deal of power from a 302. You'll need a good set of aluminum heads, intake and a good cam.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A rolling body. I have one but its in bad shape and its also a vert which I don't want. I'm thinking about getting a wet shot and I have a f303 cam already and it has a cobra intake that is red(I don't know if that is stock or a aftermarket one that was painted. If anyone knows please let me know.) I don't remember if the Tb is a stock or not. I'm going to start disassemling it either tomorrow or Tuesday and should have a better idea then. Also with the borla exhaust, o/r h pipe what kind of power should I be around now.? If I can manage around 285/350 id be happy cause ill just get a nitrous kit.

·
Registered
477 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts