Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got alot of mods in my 302 cam alum head mass air msd etc just put in 190lph fuel pump reg what injecters should i have ? pops sometimes thru the intake thanx 4 any help

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
whats your timing set at? and be more specific, which heads, which cam

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well dont no anything about the motor sorry got the car from some body who does not no either sorry timming not sure

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
take a bunch of close up pics of the motor and post them, and go buy a timing light

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
popping is most likely the timing and the stock 19lb injectors normally max in the 260/280hp range so you need to figure out what type of heads you have etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the guy i got it from said it had 345 hp ? dont no when i got it it had no power at all put in the fuel pump and runs 100 time better but when she is in 2nd 0r 3rd she buucks a little the guy said it had alum heads roller rockers it has a good size cam just do not no the specs i wuz told to put it on a computer to see whats up the make a chip 4 it????

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
can you get a pic of the front of the heads? and thats a dam good intake dude they sell for pretty good money too.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Uou have 24# injectors, that is sufficent. make sure you have no vaccum leaks, and make sure your maf is calibrated for the 24's, and make sure it is clean too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Should I Have A 75mm Or A 90mm Maf I See That 75 Mm Is Set Up 4 19lb Injectors 90 4 24lb Injectors I Think

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Hey Should I Have A 75mm Or A 90mm Maf I See That 75 Mm Is Set Up 4 19lb Injectors 90 4 24lb Injectors I Think
Size doesn't matter.. you can get either size calibrated for any size injector so you can't go by that.

If you have alluminum heads 90% of the companies out there will engrave there name on the front of the heads.. should be extremely visible when looking for it.

That intake is the tubular gt40 intake and flows the same cfm as a 93 cobra, mountaineer and explorer intake just getting really rare and tends to bring in good money.

Did you change the fuel filter when you did the pump? and is it facing the right direction?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
take a picture of the head, from the driver's side of the car, angle the camera to behind the A/C unit. you should be able to get a good enough shot for us to get an idea.

timing light's can be had for like $20 at harbor frieght. bucking and such could be that you have 24lb injector's but the MAF is not calibrated for it also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts