Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes I searched! I'm just so confused w/ all the banter back and forth on the threads I found. "I run 18x10.5 no prob." "no way only a 17x10 will fit w/ blah blah backspace"

So I want to know if these will fit. My car is lowered about 1in-1.5in. Still have quads. If they wont fit what will I have to do to make them fit? BTW I'm not really concerned w/ what "you" have. Thats whats so confusing. Just wanna know if they'll fit and what I have to do to get them to fit.

Wheel/Tire Combo - GREAT DEAL!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
i bet they would fit if you ditched the quad shocks...you might have to do tap your fenderwall with a mallet a few times to get it perfect but I dont think you will have any big problems w/o quad shocks. NOTE: if you remove your quad shocks you really should buy some aftermarket rear upper/lower control arms

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bet they would fit if you ditched the quad shocks...you might have to do tap your fenderwall with a mallet a few times to get it perfect but I dont think you will have any big problems w/o quad shocks. NOTE: if you remove your quad shocks you really should buy some aftermarket rear upper/lower control arms
Both upper and lower? My mallet do you mean cutting slits and rolling the fender?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
you might be alright with some good lowers...but yes i mean tapping it and rolling the fenders. i am not an expert on this because I didn't have to do much when I put my wheels on

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I had to take a mallet to the wheel well a little in my 91gt to fit 275's in the back.. quad shocks were long gone but wouldn't fit without removing them anyways. My welds are 5.5 backspacing so with the right back spacing you might not need to roll the lips but don't know for sure.

If you have a coupe aka notchback you maybe good without any banging as notchbacks have alittle more room.

I have them on one of my cars and really liked them for the price.. No torque box damage yet neither

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to take a mallet to the wheel well a little in my 91gt to fit 275's in the back.. quad shocks were long gone but wouldn't fit without removing them anyways. My welds are 5.5 backspacing so with the right back spacing you might not need to roll the lips but don't know for sure.

If you have a coupe aka notchback you maybe good without any banging as notchbacks have alittle more room.

I have them on one of my cars and really liked them for the price.. No torque box damage yet neither

And the supplied bushings are ok?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I bought the wheels and surprise surprise they dont fit. They fit his 92 SSP car. I saw where 1 tire rubbed but it was minimal. I can't even bolt them up.So it looks like if I get a wheel spacer and remove quad shock it'll fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts