Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 89 5.0 with some engine mods done to it and i can not for the life of me get the check engine light off. Codes showing up are koeo 15 and 63, koer 63 and 98, no balance test will work. 63 states that tps value to low but i checked it multiple times and it is fine but cant get it above .87 with drilling out the holes (some).I have also checked the full voltage of power to ground and im getting 4.98 and i think it supposed to be 5? Also car is burning very very rich also i can hear the fuel in the pipe pop if i hit the gas. I will get a list for you guys of my engine mods and maybe you can help me with some bottlenecks i may have here on the motor also because this thing doesnt run as well as what i think it should.

thanks all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok so i have got my paper work out and i did have someone build this thing so im kinda sitting in the dark on a few questions to what i have with the cam im thinking that the cam is a procomp steel with 3.00 stroke but here is what i have found so far

keith black flat top piston
strike force heads
gt40 intake
hooker equal length headers
70 mm tb

still trying to figure out if i got stock maf is there anyway to see if i do or if i have an upgraded one?

i would really appreciate some help on this with seeing if there is any bottlenecks and helping it run right. I believe there is 19lb brown top injectors but one is a blue top and i dont know if its a replacement or another size? also what kind of power would you expect this thing to make. thanks in advance

·
Registered
650 Posts
pretty sure it's a different size if it's a different color. I think blue's are 24lb's. Someone will chime in if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for replying and that is exactly what i thought and that would be explaining my rich condition im smelling so far lol one problem solved

what size injectors would you guys put in this thing because obviously i have to replace one i mine as well replace 8 with the right ones

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I believe that injectors with brown tops are 42lb injectors, i may be wrong? If so, that would be causing your running rich problem. I would replace them with 24lb injectors.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Ford Motor Sports 24lb injectors look just like the orangetop 19 lb injectors in the picture except the tops are blue like the color of the navigator injector.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i got a 24lb in there and the rest are 19lb.... nice of a guy to build a motor and leave this thing half @$$ed. what do you think about the build is it reasonable or is it junk

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
In all honesty, if they guy was half assed enough to put in one oddball sized injector, I'd wonder about the rest of the build. Those heads are no good from many accounts I've seen. Some get lucky and have no issues, some wear out valve guides and drop valve seats. They flow a lot for what they are, but flow numbers don't mean much. You are probably better off with a full set of 24's on there because even crap aftermarket heads will make more power than stock e7 heads.

As far as what you were mentioning with the cam, you're confusing the cam with the crank. If you've got a pro-comp crank, the quality is going to be as good as those heads. Substandard machining and metal used to make the parts is their M.O.

Post up a pic of your MAF and we can tell you if it's stock or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maf

dude i can not figure out how to up load my maf has these numbers on it :sorry

abcd
ford
airflow --->
ftzf-12b579-aa
afh55-03b
oe16

that is the best i can do i have tried to resize images and cut size with no successful upload

·
Registered
26 Posts
sounds like an engine built from peices laying around i would inspect it carefully

1 - 13 of 13 Posts