Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...?

What's the stock sized rear end so I can find the right 4.10's to purchase. Is it 8.8? Because I owned an 88 GT with 8.8's so I hope my 89 has something at least as strong as my old one.

·
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show
905 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
...?

What's the stock sized rear end so I can find the right 4.10's to purchase. Is it 8.8? Because I owned an 88 GT with 8.8's so I hope my 89 has something at least as strong as my old one.
do you have t5 or aod......4.10s would be a lil low for t5 but good for an auto

·
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show
905 Posts
do you have t5 or aod......4.10s would be a lil low for t5 but good for an auto

depending on what he would be using the car for... you can easily cruise around town with 4:10's, but I'd highly avoid highway. From what I mostly hear, 3:73's and 4:10's, there's hardly any noticeable difference. Plus the 3.73 are more of a street car gear, and 4:10's for the strip.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
^^^true dat

·
Registered
301 Posts
got 3.73's in my car, wouldn't want anything any shorter. 4.10:1's are good for dragging. you have a track near you?

·
Registered
48 Posts
3.73's for a 5 speed
4.10's for a C4

thats what i've been told, and thats what i'm going with when i rebuild the 8.8 i bought to replace the 7.5 i've got. unless someone has done this already and figured out what is best?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
3.73's for a 5 speed
4.10's for an auto

this is the rule of thumb alot of people go by but i like to get what best fits my application.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
yea i just put 3:73's in mine and it made a huge difference from the stocks but crusing at a high speed in 5th gear at almost 3grand isnt too good for the gas

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
sorry took me so long... I have 5 speed and to tell the truth, I've owned an auto with 4.11's and driving on the street is really nothing... especially when you only have 3 gears LOL. The 3 speed I had with 4.11's was around 3,200rpm on the highway. I have 5 gears and with my 3.55's now, I sit at 2200-2300 in 4th. I know 5th gear is just an od gear so I should sit at 2500 with 4.10's...

I'll probably get 3.73'... I just wantr to make sure when any ricer here wants to test me, I can get a 5 foot jump on them. I dump and get them anyways but the more of a stompin' the less **** talkin I have to hear from them. I've already shutup an SRT4 by surprise which I had no clue my stang could even take it. Next on my list is shuting up this rich momma's girl racer here that drive's a Cobalt SS reeving and smashing the gas all over the place with her bumpy face brother or cousin or whoever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts