Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if an electric speed sender from another t5 will work on my 89 lx T5? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying the 60 bucks for the cyberdyne sender but just see'ing if a little money can be saved.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please help me on this guys please

·
Registered
540 Posts
I dont quite get what you are asking for, but if you need to find electic speed signal for youre speedo, then that can be found from cruise control box. Its located at left from clutch pedal, wire is dark green
with white stripe. Thats where i took the signal for my electric speedo.

Hope this helps.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't you take a quick clear crisp snapshot where this wire is I can tap into. Also, how does the cruise box know how fast you're going if the gear is rounded off inside the tranny where I get no speed reading from the stock speedo?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
it can't...

Some applications that use T5s do have electric outputs, or you can use the speed sensor if your car was equipped with CC as mentioned above. But the speedo gear still has to work no matter what.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought because how in the hell does the car know how fast your going if the gear is not even moving to signal out speed.

Thanks, I'll just have to wait and order the cyberdyne ford sender and take it over to ryans88gt's house for the install.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I'd love to help, but that is one heck of a drive... :)

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL it's all good. I've gotten quite a few looks, stares and compliments (In a great way) on my custom panel. Some guy said it looks like "One of those petter gardenmister modified panels" LOL I never thought about that but hell, even he has two gauges LOL.

I'm thinking about going with regular black gauges for the rest. I can save a mere $80 bucks on getting the digital oil, water, pyrometer, and temp and I must get all the sensors for them... **** that so I will match the color and will add red bulbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts