Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to mount 8's in the boxes in the rear of a convertible with a Mach 460? I am not worried about wiring, ohms, etc just want to know if you can modify the box to work and still fit behind the panel.
Thanks.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Subscribing

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
it can be done but honestly not worth it. One reason is that you are going to have a hard time finding a shallow mount 8" and it would have to match the specific internal volume of the enclosure (+/- 5%). you can always ditch that and have someone custom make you an enclosure with the same dimensions as the amp rack and then just hang it. or you can also always do a "down firing" set up. it will more then likely be bigger but you might also be able to integrate an amp enclosure in there as well. This is something that ive been thinking about doing as i want to regain my trunk space. You would mount your co-ax's to the metal panel and then mount the box to it the same way as the original box and then have the subs firing down. Get the picture?

either way its just time consuming and if you arent doing it yourself can end up costing alot of money but nothing is impossible.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. I guess I will throw some good 6's in there and stick with a 10 in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
no problem bro, im here if you need me

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will you come down to Atlanta for a weekend and help me install two 6" woofers and make a new box for my 10" and install 2 amps? :D

I will buy you strippers and beer!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Im actually going to be down that way around Halloween, well more like Pensecola

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn. Stop through ATL for a night if you want. I will not even make you work. lol

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Damn. Stop through ATL for a night if you want. I will not even make you work. lol
I probably can do that. Got to take 95 down then off to pensecola

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Going through ATL saves you 50 miles. Plus it is a good stopping point for a night out. Let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts