Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. I'm new to the site and I jus bought a rust free 90 5.0 5 speed. But I need to make some improvements. First is the spoiler. It's gotta go but how do I plug the holes? And another is I need either a bigger battery or a second. What's everyones thoughts? Once these questions get some feedback I have more :) thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
everyone usually puts an alternator from a newer mustang, they are 130 amps instead of the fox 70 or 75. do a search for 3g alternator upgrade

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
hey everyone. I'm new to the site and I jus bought a rust free 90 5.0 5 speed. But I need to make some improvements. First is the spoiler. It's gotta go but how do I plug the holes? And another is I need either a bigger battery or a second. What's everyones thoughts? Once these questions get some feedback I have more :) thanks
Has this got the 5.0 turbo diesel option? why would you need two batteries? How about telling us what the problem/concern is and go from there. Spoiler? they didn't come with them from the factory, they were dealer add ons. Get a repo decklid or just find a rust free one somewhere. Plugging holes is ok, but doesn't look that good and will probably still leak.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Can't just plug the holes.. you'll have to have them welded or filled then the decklid repainted or purchase a clean one off another car or fiberglass one.

Dual batteries is not needed unless your changing this car into something to compete in audio contest or something gay as **** like that other wise what's the issue?

Stock fox alts were horrible at best and are like 65 amps so a common upgrade is to a newer style 3g alt which is 95 or 130 amp and simple to install.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the battery is super low and the car idles low because of it. I think my buddy replaced the alternator so if I get a new battery would the 70 or 75 amp hold everything? I've got extra gauges and the tokiko suspension and all power options that draw extra power. And no.lol no gay subs. Jus exhaust.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i just bought a big ass battery for my car...barely fits into the compartment but it works amazingly. Left my lights on for 2 hrs and it started up perfectly, I'll try to get the numbers from the battery in about an hour. No alternator upgrade, but I do have underdrive pulleys.

**EDIT**
No numbers sorry, all I know is its an Interstate battery and I had to move a few wires to make it fit into the battery bay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool. I do have the help from the underdrive pulleys as well. Also on my trans. I have the stock 5 speed and a short throw shifter. My trd gear is out so I just skip it. I'm going to get it checked out today but does anyone know an easy fix? I'm sure it's the syncrodes (idk how to spell that) but cars are funny so it could be something else. What's wrong?

·
Registered
109 Posts
your Hemorrhoids are going out, the trans guy will tell you a solution, just ask him.

·
The Big Spoon
3,214 Posts
if you upgrade the alternator - definitely upgrade the wiring. look for write-ups that deal with the crappy wiring between the alternator and battery.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well my first week on modded mustangs has been entertaining.lol but seriously.. Could this be a fix I could do at home? Or maybe take to a shop pretty cheap.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can do all this, It's simple, Get another deck lid, sell your old one with the spoiler, you can get someone to buy it i'm sure, do the alt. swap, it's easy and there are PLENTY of tutorials online on how to do it, good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts