Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting at a little over 90,000 miles right now, and it's a little discouraging, but I'm set on making this car last. It's my DD right now, and I've done a little bit of preventative maintenance to preserve the longevity...

- New spark plugs (OEM replacement)
- New fuel filter
- New serpentine belt
- New alternator on the way
- Replaced bulbs in all of the lights
- Throttle Body & MAF cleaned correctly (took the TB off to get behind the blades)

Is there anything I'm missing? Battery checks out good, I keep her nice and clean. I can't think of anything else that needs checking/replacing.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
cabin air filter (clean out the drain plug also), engine air filter, transmission fluid (penzoil syncromesh if you have a manual), diff fluid,

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ The filter on my Steeda CAI is reusable. I'll grab a K&N cleaning kit and clean/oil it.

How much does it usually cost to have a shop change the diff fluid?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Just pop the cover off and do it yourself.

·
10,234 Posts
sorry it's been a few weeks since being on the site. last time i took my own oil, filter, and diff fluid to my local stealership and they charged me less than 30 bucks to do it all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry it's been a few weeks since being on the site. last time i took my own oil, filter, and diff fluid to my local stealership and they charged me less than 30 bucks to do it all.
****, my dealership would definitely charge me a few hundred to do all of that haha.

I do have a free oil change for life card for the dealership the car was bought from, but it's about 90 minutes out of town.

·
10,234 Posts
notice i did say i brought all my own fluids and filter. the 30 bucks was basically the cost of their regular fluid changes minus the fluids and filter

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even if I did bring my own fluid though, I feel like they'd still try to get me with $125/hr for the diff change-out.

·
10,234 Posts
just ask them how much for a fluid change. they shouldn't charge you so much because they'll be using the lower paid guys that do fluid changes.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely, I'll do that! Which diff fluid did you end up using?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts