Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Priform copy of a black magic. Drop in complete kit for around 100 bux. Most I hear are using contour fans, but seems like a lot of work and money on fan controllers.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
I just bought the jegs one, I think it's a proform in a jegs box. Seems to be real nice quality and come with all the wiring and built in thermostat. I haven't installed it yet cause its cold and snowing here so I can't give actual feed back besides it looks well made

·
Drunk On Arrival...
1,083 Posts
Get one out of a V6 contour. I picked one out of a pull and pay last month for $30...Just be prepared get a little bit angry. It doesn't exactly slide out with ease

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
You may have to upgrade your alternator because a lot of these electric fans draw a good deal of power

·
Registered
346 Posts
You may have to upgrade your alternator because a lot of these electric fans draw a good deal of power
Good point, you might want to see what ones use the most power.

That's why I went with the jegs one. Flows 2800 cfm and only draws 14 amps
Yeah the proform fan in mine doesn't use much at all and works great. I've had it for almost three years now. Some people have had issues with proform but I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You have to buy two pieces to make the kit? When I start my car I have the blip my throttle or it will stall. Do I need to upgrade my alternator?

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
I have been looking at the Mishimoto dual fan kit. Looks thinner and includes a shroud to draw air. The fan controller I am looking at is about $50 that I found with the Mishimoto kit. I don't what current draw it has and I have a stock 1985 alternator. I am going to do an internet searchh and find out.

Jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.