Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im new to the forums and been having problems with my motor. i have a 91 gt when i got the car it was carbed but unfinished so i put it back to fuel injected.i got it running it seems to run ok it idles starts right up but is slow as a geo. i have gt40p heads, 70mm tb, stock maf, e303 cam, typhoon intake,and 1.7 roller rockers.all my sensors seem to check out ok i can only get the timing as good as i can be ear it has no timing tab on the block or anything.im very mechanically inclined but dont know eveerything.i need help on this as i have to get the car to school for body class.its just really slow need to make it fast like it should be any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
You need to get a timing pointer and get your timing to where it should be. Stock is 10* but if you're untuned, you can go 12 or 14* on premium gas and it'll run better. Is the check engine light on? What's the fuel pressure at? If it was carbed it had to have had a low pressure pump or a regulator that brought the fuel pressure down to under 10psi, EFI on these cars needs 39PSI. Did you check the air filter? Replace the fuel filter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea itll be a few days before i can get time to get a pointer. and it was carbed but never finished so it still had the stock pump my pressure right now is about 35 idle and 40 or more when u hit the throttle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry yea the fuel filter is brand new and im gonna turn up the pressure to 39 psi its at 35 right now and i may have a pointer my buddy is lookin to see if he may have one layin around if anyone has anymore info please let me know thanks ill post my findings when i get the psi set right and the timing set right which stock is 10* but with my combo mabe ill go alittle more mabe 12*

·
Registered
650 Posts
Go to 14*, it'll be fine. Just make sure to run at least 91 octane. If it pings, back it off a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea ill see how it goes once i get the pointer on it and get it timed right i gotta have this done in 2 days it goes to school for the body work on wednesday lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey digs it looks like u have almost exactl the same setup i do how does ur car run what hp are u pushin im just kinda curious since this is my first fox i actually put money into the motor and not for looks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Runs good. GT40 stuff is good for budget and getting a little more power. Just like everyone else says...If I did it over, I would have gone with TF's or AFR's. Make sure you upgrade your springs if you havn't already.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I'd keep the fuel pressure at 35.. and straighten out the timing issue that's your main and only problem right now. Once the timing is corrected and advance she'll be flying

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea my heads have all new upgraded springs and valves and they have been lightly ported and decked.i only payed 250 for my gt40p heads and all that work was done before i got them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts