Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after doing 5hrs+ of research and reading this week I have decided on some parts to do to my stang when I get moved into my house.

First I need to pull the tranny and either replace the TOB or retainer that is making that awful noise. After that is said and done I want to start with a GT-40 upper/lower intake and follow that with a BBK cai or maybe the 79 dollar one on AM. Once that is good I def want to put on a o/h pipe to open up my exhaust and get a better exhaust note.

Next, then I want to move to put on some Blue tokico shocks and struts with eibach pro kits. Followed by lower control arms and I already have UPR uppers from my 01gt. Then I will add subframe cc to tie the car all together, preferably the ones I believe were on LRS that had tq box braces.

Once all the basic bolts are done I will put some 4.10gears with a hurst short shifter(love the chrome handle and white ball :). Then I need some speakers lol 2 out of 6 sounds horrible haha. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I will be doing all the installs myself except the gears.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sounds like a good idea

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are some good sfc's? On lrs they have a brand SVE with toq box brackets which look ok. I already know MM's are the best but they also cost the most.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I like my steeda sfc's they have fit the best on all my 5.0's

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Sve is there own brand.not sure of the quality.Make sure they are full length weld-on ones though.No bolt on ones

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking that it was there own brand , there shifter they have loooks just like the pro 5.0. I think they got a deal with companies to make stuff like theirs.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Its like the Brentech brand that Brothers performance puts out.I actually have the full length weld on sfc's from lrs, so far so good.They where like 70bucks

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Apparently the Brentech stuff is actually from BBK.Not sure about the LRS stuff.Wonder if anyone on here knows

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well what is really the diff, I mean steel is steel and they are going to be welded. This is just for a street car so I think the SVE should serve my car just fine haha

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well ive heard of chinese parts. Do they use some sort of new kind of element on a periodic table to create a new type of metal???

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well ive heard of chinese parts. Do they use some sort of new kind of element on a periodic table to create a new type of metal???

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
902 Posts
Do through the floor subframe connectors. I think its so ugly when you can see others hanging down from 20 feet away. its so easy, just takes a little more time.

·
Registered
650 Posts
My Kenny Brown sfc's are welded and bolted in. Long and fit really well. I recommend them.

Plus I think they are american made...:)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts