Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are all 1992 Mustang GT's automatic trans?
i am having trouble finding the info.
and while i'm at that! anyone selling a 92 GT? or know a good site to go? tried auto trader, nothing!

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
let me ask.. why a 92 car? do you like the big ugly dome light or something?

or is it that you favor Hypereutectic pistons over the forged pistions of the 91 and below models?

curious

·
Registered
261 Posts
1992 cars have forged pistons as well, mine had TRWs...Im pretty sure 93s were the only fox cars with hypers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am not positive, BUT i hope burnrubber is right! i have not looked into the cars more than i know 92' fox 5.0... beautiful cars!

Hypereutectic pistons over the forged pistions >>> please, whats the difference? could have googled but you seem to know...?

i guess i'm NOT ruling out the 91... looks the same...

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
They changed over to Hypereutectic mid way through production for the 92's so it's a crap shoot in my opinion plus I don't like the big dome lights the 92/93's came with but that's just my preference.

There was a thread somewhere on here but im too lazy to find it.. basically Hypereutectic pistons are lighter/cheaper but weaker where as the forged pistions are more expensive and heavier but most aftermarket forged pistons are just as light or if not lighter then the factory Hypereutectics while being much stronger. If it were me personally i'd go with a car that has forged internals because they'll out last the block unless you were ripping the motor apart anyways to through your junk in it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i am not positive, BUT i hope burnrubber is right! i have not looked into the cars more than i know 92' fox 5.0... beautiful cars!

Hypereutectic pistons over the forged pistions >>> please, whats the difference? could have googled but you seem to know...?

i guess i'm NOT ruling out the 91... looks the same...
87-93 are all the same basic design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.