Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 5.0 mustang lx problem. from the factory it came with fuel injection but for some reason someone took out the fuel injected 302 and put a carberated 302 and t5 trans in. they gave it to me and i have no idea where to start with the wires. how do i the distributor hooked up and what else do i have to do? please help

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Okay, so does the car run right now?

What wiring is currently in the car?

Do you want to stay carbureted, or would you prefer fuel injection?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carberated

i want to stay carberated. the wiring is whatever a stock 92 5.0 lx came with. it does not run right now. has no spark

13 Posts
Put an inition box on it and check , your wires on the drvers side firewall and fusable liknks i had a customer with the same problem....cut the key on and use a test light, with key on and key off

·
Registered
289 Posts
To keep it simple you could install a new distributor, with a 3 wire setup, I went for the Mallory Unilite on a 93 5.0 engine. There are many others out there, but also some junk units on ebay.

Here is a link to some wirirng info I've found useful in the past
Mustang FAQ - Engine Information

Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
distributor

ya i have the 3 wire distributor but which wire goes where? and where do i get an ignition box is it like a 6al msd box or what am i looking for?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
distributor

it has 3 wires coming out of it im not sure what one it is how do i figure it out it was the one that came with the motor i got with the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.