Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all can cause a 2.3 to run full lean. For the past month my car has ran like crap. When u r in drive and go to take off it acts like it has no power and lugs forward at a little pace it don't matter how my gas u give it. If u put the pedal all the way to the floor Ater 3 sec it will take off. Once u let off gas and go to give it more gas it does it again. Once u drive for 10 or so min it runs fine. The other day gf drove pulled out of drive way and drove it 2 miles and it had no power at all it just would not pull she gave it more gas and still would not pull the cat got so hot that it transferred the heat to the exhaust and caught my back seat on fire. I lost the whole back seat the carpet and the seat belt in the back. I drove it yesterday and one min it pulled real good and next would not pull. This morning I was driving to work and cat was cherry red and smoke was coming from where the back seat was. Talking with different people the say cat is clogged but how does it get clogged the unclog. Some one said it was running full open lean mixture. I cleaned mass air sensor and that did not help. Does anyone have a good idea on what it could be?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do not drive until fixed. It is a bomb right now if getting that hot. Remove cat andtake for a short ride and see if its better. You will know inthe first block.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
+1 ^^^

·
Wlcm 2 costco, I Love You
124 Posts
As far as efficacy i don't know, but If you made a relief cut, you need to think of how loud the car would be, people would hear you from a mile away.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would try the cat. If it's getting that hot the honey comb inside might be clogged and the pressure of the exhaust might be pushing chunks of carbon build up out to flow.. Deff would know if ya cut it out and drive it a bit.. I almost picked up 10mpg when the cat in my ranger was plugged and ran a lot better after I cut it out... I sell cats all the time and the right exhaust shop will weld a new chunk in pretty reasonable depending where ya live

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts