Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am looking at prob buying a 93 Mustang GT. The issue is sometime down the road, soon, i wanted to do a Engine Kit. The issue is that this car was wrecked and the last owner put a 1995 5.0L V8 into the 1993 Mustang GT Body. My question is would i still be able to do a "5.0 Engine kit/swap" is its a 95 5.0 insteed of the regular foxbody 5.0? I know thatthe 4.6L's had overhead cams, but im hoping this doesnt. I really want to be able to do a trickflow engine kit and use the original block. But Im just worried i might be screwed if this 95' 5.0 is different from the regular foxbody 5.0s and will i then not be able to do the Trickflow Engine kit? :(
I hope this is clear enough to understand, i am just worried this different motor will screw up my plans majorly. I know you guys really know your stuff so i hope ya can help, thanks for any helpful advice!
- The Novice.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
the 95 5.0 is the same dude no worries, just a diff intake manifold where it has that elbow the foxs dont, lil more emissions crap and a more picky computer, which i doubt he even swapped

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
just get another 89-92 5.0

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
yeah thats why i said 89-92.. and cuz 88 and older wont have MAF..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A9L

Ok, actually i just found out that the computer is out of a 90 GT. This is because the previous owner had the computer reburned to work with the supercharger and larger injectors. (The supercharger and injectors were on the original motor). Now its just the 95' 5.0L V8. But it still has the "modded" computer i guess, apparently the A9L, is this any good? and the guy said it had been reburned to suport more power ( i dunno what that means :sorry) So is the computer system a good one or will it screw it all up?

SO if ya missed anything.... Im looking at a...
1993 Mustang GT
with a 1995 GT 5.0L V8
and a 1990 A9L computer system.

Does this sound like a joke or does this stuff happen and will ALL this stuff work together without issues if i was to get a Trick Flow Engine Kit --360HP twisted Wedge?

Thanks again guys, sorry im new to all this and just dont wanna buy something that will only case me more problems thanks for the help
- The Novice

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i think it should all work together and run......but that computer really needs to be burned for your setup ASAP.....it may cause some wierd conditions with the fuel because of the way its setup

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do i have to get it sent to someone? i dont even know what reburned means. Or would i prob have to get a new one? How much do they cost?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
what i mean is get a custom tune....like if you have the money get the car and the trickflow top end kit now and then take it in and get the computer programmed to work with your exact setup

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok got ya. But say before i do the Trick Flow i wanna drive it for a month, will that F the engine up or the fuel pressure, or prob just give me bad gas milege?
Btw say i do do the Kit and get it tuned, ya got a rough guess on the price to get the computer reburned?
Thanks alot for the help!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
maybe somebody else will chime in here like ryan.....but im not sure if the way that computer was programmed would make your setup run rich or lean.....if its rich ull probly be ok but maybe get bad mileage.....if its lean it could hurt some things.....maybe your cheapest option would be just to go to a junk yard and yank a computer out of a mustang there.....it shouldnt be much and that way you wouldnt have to worry about it

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh i get the basics, ill prob just get something out of a junk yard like ya were saying.
But anyone know how much it costs to get the car's computer to be "custom tuned" to my cars setup ( when i get the trickflow kit on ) jw on a rough guess, or anything.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
probly count on 400 or 500 bucks for a dyno tune

·
Registered
301 Posts
well getting it tuned costs money to send it to get it dyno'd and then multiple runs to get the best outcome. (hp and torque) or you could buy a chip that does this slightly but they arent cheap either.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
see this is why im bout to pull this ****ing EFI **** off and go back to carb'd..**** dyno tuning

1 - 20 of 20 Posts