Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im doing a rebuild on my 302 and my trans needs rebuild too so i figured id drop the trans since i dont currently have a picker to pull everything out. so i got the exhaust off, drive shaft off, the bracket under the trans (unsure what its called) off, all the bolts holding it to the block out, block of wood under oil pan, pulled the shifter and drained it, i left the starter on but disconnected it...i cant get it to pull out..i lift up on the tail end of the trans and the motor moves with it. what am i missing??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah the starter has to come out. Also disconnect the clutch cable if it is a T5. The transmission will have to be separated from the engine a good pry bar between the engine and transmission should make them come apart just make sure all the bolts are out.

·
Registered
581 Posts
auto or manual? manual shouldnt require much more then what you already took care of. the block has dowel pins to center the trans when bolting it together. those pins can practically hold the transmission itself. assuming you have removed everything securing the transmission, use a pry bar, and try to GENTLY pry the trans from the engine. if you cant, then i would suspect you missed something.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thank you for all the advice everyone, guess im pulling the starter after i eat dinner...Yeah its a t-5 clutch cable is removed and everything else disconnected

1 - 6 of 6 Posts