Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this up there in case any one is interested. If you would like a camera mount let me know. They will be $40 Shipped. Here are some pics. Please specify if you are using a digital camera or camcorder. You can pm me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I make them, 2kcammed2v has the prototype that i had made

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Hmmm, I may get one of these sometime. Would be a neat thing to have at a drag strip.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice!!! i was looking all over the place for something like this! I will definitely be buying one of these on my next check. So doe the screw thingy that goes on the bottom of the camera go in one of the holes?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice!!! i was looking all over the place for something like this! I will definitely be buying one of these on my next check. So doe the screw thingy that goes on the bottom of the camera go in one of the holes?
at the end there is a cap screw that will go into the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera. They are all the same thread so it will screw into any camera

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for those that are interested, just paypal the payment to the email listed in the first post along with a note. fyi these are only for MM members, im not making them for profit, i made one for myself and thought others would like them

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
What lead time can I expect on an order?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Oh and does the bar swivel/rotate? If so, what type of tension does it have? Or is it adjusted by seat angle?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3-5 days depending on the post office. and the very end of the bar swivels to compensate for the seat angle. You can see in the pics how the last 4 inches of it swivels.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Sorry for asking these questions here instead of a PM but maybe someone else has the same questions.

Anyway, 1 more that I can think of:

How tight does the swivel lock down and how does it lock? Can it be set and locked at any angle? I want to make sure it can hold everything from my point and shoot up to my D40 without problems. I already have a Hero cam, but am looking for ways to get multiple shots at the same time.

Thanks again.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I appreciate you putting them here for those reasons. There is a hardened steel 3/8" down pin that is pressed into the main arm of the mount and on the swivel there is a 1/4-20 set screw that clamps down onto the dowl pin. It all matters how tight you turn the set screw as to how tight the end is. Its the same way CNC machines hold tooling into the tool holders so there will be no problems with it, Unless of course you tighten it to tight and rip out the threads

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forgot to mention one thing. I did a design change on the end that holds the camera. This part will now be a little taller than the main tube to allow any size camera to swivel without interferrence from the corners of the tube.

Reactions: M.P. Cobra Fan

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Great! I can see the set screw now. I appreciate your prompt reply.

Check your paypal, I just sent payment for 1 for a Digital Camera.

Thanks. I am PM'ing you my shipping info.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Oh and reps on making this available to us. Once received I will let everyone know what I think of it, and update your iTrader.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
M.P, its on its way. let me know what you think

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Will do man. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts