Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious whats so bad about making these drag cars? i own a fox and i still think the 94-2004 look meaner as a drag car but down at the drag strip i hardly ever see one

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It's simple, the fox is the lightest platform so it is a natural for a drag car.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I see plenty of 94-04 mustangs as drag cars in x275, ultra street, 10.5 outlaw, and wild street, and xdr.

They are a newer car and so they are more expensive to build is my guess, and the less serious guys don't want to stick a small block in after they have a modular.

·
Registered
538 Posts
They weigh more. i had an 02 gt that was cammes blown and the heads were ported. car put dowm alittle over 400/400 to the ground. however only really went high 11s on 10lbs of boost. What killee them was the powdered internalss from the factory. They are expwnsive to mod and got ignored when it came to any different than stock casting heads up until a few years ago. Don't get me wrong. i miss my new edge but you are lightyears behind when it comes bang for your buck mods. i say if you have the money throw a cobra motor in one. no neee using old pushrod techbology in them. my next non fox mustang will be an s197 3v... I honestly find them to be the modern fox. they respond great to mods. alot of the gt500 parts are interchangeable when it comes to fuel and the 3valve head flow like the 03-04 cpbra heads. I love my fox don't get me wrong. You just got to look at the bigger pictiure wheb you are buioding these cars.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
It's simple, the fox is the lightest platform so it is a natural for a drag car.
This. Foxes are light, plentiful, and usually cheaper to begin with.

Not to say the New Edges are terrible. Their rods let go around 450-500, but that's not too far from where the stock 5.0 blocks let go. A 4v mod motor is extremely underrated as well. The NPI 2vs give mod motors a bad rep, but you can break into the 500s with an NA 4v on pump gas.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
I through a 393w with a t5 in a 2000 Mustang... Needless to say that motor is now in a notch awaiting a transbraked c4 lol

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Weight, also the notch will soon be sonic blue sitting on anodized billitt specialties. The 2000 will probably just sit in the garage for some time. We have 3 others to mess around with. Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts