Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally a bolt on power adder for our 94-95 5.0's! well worth the money!! chinese made t67 turbo, wastegate and bov but all stainless steel from the v-bands, pipe calmps, bolts, headers, cross pipe and intercooler tubing. both the intercooler tubing and intercooler were polished to a mirror finish. i purchased this kit 2 years ago and finally got it installed. at the time i stole this complete kit brand new off ebay for $1800.00. as soon as i got the kit, i tore everything apart to look at the parts and pieces and i was stunned on how well everything was made. the welds on the headers and the mandrel bent intercooler tubing blew me away! with a basic fuel system and hci upgrade consisting of a 190lph fuel pump, accel 44# injectors, bbk adjustable fuel pressure regulator, pro m racing maf meter, pp 70mm throttle body, 95 cobra upper and lower intakes port matched to ford racing gt40x turbo swirl aluminum heads and a trick flow stage 2 camshaft my car made an amazing 526rwhp and 496wrtq @5500rpm with only 6psi of boost with a mild dyno tune! the turbo is rated for up to 28psi of boost! unfortunatly i ran out of fuel @ 5500 and couldnt hit my red line of 6000rpm but the hp and tq kept on climbing! this is a great kit for a cheap price so if you ever run across anyone selling a boost brothers turbo kit jump on it. you will not be disappointed.:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Deng! thats alot of power for 6lbs. Was this on pump gas?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
317 Posts
in California we max out at 91.... great numbers still.

Question: Did you have to relocate any stock components on the car? Somewhere i read that the ABS was in the way when using this kit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in california we max out at 91.... Great numbers still.

Question: Did you have to relocate any stock components on the car? Somewhere i read that the abs was in the way when using this kit.
thank you. I was suprised to say the least. I never would have thought it would make that much power. And yes i did have to relocate the abs to the drivers side inner fenderwell. It was a pain extending all of those wires but it looks good there. I also had to make 2 inch spacers for my front sway bar mounts to clear the forward facing headers, cut a hole into the inner fenderwell on the pass side to clear the intake tubing, notch the pass side frame rail for clearance and eez of mounting/dismounting the turbo, had to delete my power steering cooler, deleted smog pump and deleted the complete ac unit for more room and weight reduction. The kit came with no instructions and it was my first time installing a turbo kit and i got it done in a weekend.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you take pics of your build?
not very many but i will post the ones i have. How do you attatch pics to the messages? I tried but i dont think i was doing it right.

·
Registered
317 Posts
not very many but i will post the ones i have. How do you attatch pics to the messages? I tried but i dont think i was doing it right.
i created a photobucket.com account, loaded the pics. then from photobucket i got the pics URL(copy), paste in message and post. im sure there must be an easier way, but thats how i can do this from my Android phone.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The ON3 turbo systems allow you to keep your factory A/C and prices start around $1600, in case any one is wondering

Now you said you ran out of fuel....If you upgrade to a 255lph fuel pump, will that solve your issue or are you going to have to use a sump gas tank, upgraded fuel lines with a boost a pump ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the on3 turbo systems allow you to keep your factory a/c and prices start around $1600, in case any one is wondering

now you said you ran out of fuel....if you upgrade to a 255lph fuel pump, will that solve your issue or are you going to have to use a sump gas tank, upgraded fuel lines with a boost a pump ?
i am going to try and upgrade the pump first to see if that is the issue but i think my injectors are topped out as well. They are accel 44 pounders. Im also close to topped out on my fuel pressure regulator (its set @ 57psi) so its probably both the pump and injectors. I plan on upgrading to the complete aeromotive kit that summit offers this winter so im just gonna drive it this way for the rest of the summer unless the 255lph pump does the trick. If thats the case i will have george re-tune it with 10psi of boost if possible.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well guys i upgraded my fuel pump from a regular 255 walbro pump to hollys 110psi 255lph pump and the difference amazed me. I can now rev my engine to 6 grand and not have to worry about running out of fuel and my fuel pres reg is only set at 55psi and burning rich! Now im thinking about putting the 10# spring in my wastegate and cranking the pressure up a bit more to see how much more hp and tq i gain. Im excited as hell! Im gonna take it to big shot dyno in tallmadge ohio possibly this week to do a few pulls with the a/f so as soon as i do i will post my new numbers:d

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Those are some great numbers and be sure to keep us updated.

Now time for a small warning

I didn't see anything about an aftermarket block and if you are still using the stock block don't get too crazy with the boost because our blocks can't hold a ton of horsepower before splitting down the middle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thos are good numbers! Looking forward to see what the new tune brings

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will be sure to keep you guys posted. Im not gonna get it re-tuned because i dont have an extra 400 bucks right now but i figured if i do 3 runs with the a/f ratio i can get it close enough myself so i can atleast drive it around town for a while til i get it tuned again. It seems like im getting this thing tuned once a month since ive had it out. Im gonna have to learn how to tune myself because im always changing my setups. Ive been debating purchasing a stand alone system and start tuning myself but they sure aint cheap lol! Oh and as far as my bottom end is concerned its been rebuilt with all new bearings, a chinese forged crank, arp fasteners, chromoly pushrods, shot peened stock connecting rods and the stock pistons with moly rings. Im also running a trick flow stage 2 camshaft but thats soon to be gone for a custom grind if the engine holds up to 10 pounds of boost. My bottom end is basically stock. I purchased another roller block last week and plan on starting a complete forged 347 stroker build with low compression for next year. Heck who knows i may even have it done and installed this year but i hope i can get atleast the rest of the summer out of my current setup. My wife is ready to kill me already lmao!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
If your planning on more power from the new motor I hope it is an aftermarket block because the stock 5.0 blocks can only handle about 500hp give or take a little before they let go.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well guys its been a while and i have the news! Instead of going with the 10psi spring i just added a boost controller and cranked up the boost to 8psi. My first pull on the dyno was 588rwhp but my a/f ratio was a little buggy so i did 3 more pulls while adjusting fuel pressure before every pull but then the numbers got worse. Both a/f and hp was jumping all over the place?? Not knowing what the problem was i just adjusted the best i could and took it to get tuned at akron hp. Well needless to say he couldnt tune it. He had the same issue?? So then i took it home and after some serious troubleshooting i found that the problem was my mas airflow meter. I always wondered why my car would run great one day and then fall on its face other days at wot and i now know why. So i purchased another pro m meter plugged it in and bam the driveability came right back. Still need to get it retuned but the first pull on the dyno was 588rwhp so i now know what to expect at 8psi. Im gonna go with a new shop to get it tuned this time but im staying at the 8psi. I will let you know the final numbers as soon as it goes out.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Man, that's a lot of power on only 8psi. Ever figure out how to post up pics of your build? Or do you have any videos of her on the dyno?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
man, that's a lot of power on only 8psi. Ever figure out how to post up pics of your build? Or do you have any videos of her on the dyno?
ive tried many times to upload pics of my build on this site but for some odd reason they never show up. I even tried to create a new folder of pics in my profile to add pics to and they never upload properly. I havent taken any videos of my car but i have every dyno sheet from when i first got the car to where it is at now from 4 different dynos in ne ohio area and have over 23,000 bucks invested in it with just about every recipt to date. If you or anybody else would like to see pics of my build and dyno print outs i would be more then happy to send you some pics via email. Unfortunatly i dont have all of the pics of the build due to my old pc failing but i do have enough to show some of the work i did. Thanks for all of the interest! I will be more then happy to share the details of my build with anyone who would like to know.:d

1 - 20 of 43 Posts