Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals I just got a very rare piece indeed with only around 100 made. 18 of which were put on 1995 roush stage 3 mustangs. I am wondering if anyone else has one, or has come across one of these intakes. i will try to upload pics as soon as possible but have never had luck on this forum. the intake is huge! and is just as wide as the motor its self. i never even knew this intake existed until last week when i got mine. any info on it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!:D

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
post pics by first hosting them to photobucket, then compy and paste the IMG code on here

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
post pics by first hosting them to photobucket, then compy and paste the img code on here
ok im gonna try... As for a pic of the intake check out my avatar. Its exactly what i have but mines greasy and needs cleaned badly and isnt chrome.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am going to be using this intake on my current turbo setup but heres some pics of it complete on a stage 3 Roush n/a

heres some pics of it blown with supercharger applications

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roush claims that this 3 piece intake will add up to 47hp to a stock mustang 5.0, 95hp with stock gt-40 cast iron heads and 120hp with roush cnc machined/ported heads, those are huge gains just from an upper and lower intake!! im still a little optimistic with those numbers but time will tell after i get it installed on my stang and tuned on the dyno. then i will see the real world numbers to the tire and let you guys know, but im sure its gonna do very well with my turbo application since the airflow gains will be greatly increased compared to my cobra intake.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Never seen one, looks very cool. Hope u get the big numbers.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sweet mother of God!! I want that! :eek:

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Damn thats sweet looking the intake is friggin huge!

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Should scream up top but I wonder how it's gonna feel on the bottom-end... those are huge, straight runners.

What else is done to the motor you're putting this on?

And color me educated... I thought all Stage 3 Roush cars were supercharged.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have never seen those before...really cool and different. Let us know what numbers you get out of it..

·
Registered
594 Posts
Actually you should throw me that cobra intake if you ain't using it anymore. :yes

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I may be wrong but it appears to use different valve covers than the factory ones with that intake. Did you get the redesigned valve covers too cause if not I don't see how you will be able to add oil to the engine with that intake. You should send it to me I'll deal with it lol.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Yep never seen one in person but read about them in alot of books...Thats a very rare intake indeed...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Should scream up top but I wonder how it's gonna feel on the bottom-end... those are huge, straight runners.

What else is done to the motor you're putting this on?

And color me educated... I thought all Stage 3 Roush cars were supercharged.
nope, they were all n/a. its going on my current setup with gt40x turbo swirl aluminum heads. roush claims huge gains between 3500-6000rpm and im thinking its gonna do really well turbocharged but we will all find out soon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually you should throw me that cobra intake if you ain't using it anymore. :yes
lol! im having a hard enough time just thinking about letting it go haha! i did my first port matching and polish job on that intake so it has a little spot in my heart. i think im just gonna hang onto it for now:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may be wrong but it appears to use different valve covers than the factory ones with that intake. Did you get the redesigned valve covers too cause if not I don't see how you will be able to add oil to the engine with that intake. You should send it to me I'll deal with it lol.
yes i got this intake setup off a running and driving car. it came with the lowered valve covers, extended harness for the maf and coolant tube. it was a little weird at first because the oil fill tube is made in the upper manifold plenum and when you fill your car with oil it passes right through the upper and lower manifolds through a very small fill hole. so the valve covers were made with no holes for fill tubes or breathers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Roush claims 120hp with roush cnc machined/ported heads,
hahha good luck with that...

Indeed they are rare, but the performance gain from this intake isnt even worth the hassles you will face with regards to fuel rails, tuning and trying to get a good set of rockers on an aftermarket head. Along with egr placement and a few other things. All in all I think the offical roush numbers were 23hp over a stock intake.

·
Registered
176 Posts
hahha good luck with that...

Indeed they are rare, but the performance gain from this intake isnt even worth the hassles you will face with regards to fuel rails, tuning and trying to get a good set of rockers on an aftermarket head. Along with egr placement and a few other things. All in all I think the offical roush numbers were 23hp over a stock intake.
i already have the roush fuel rail and the roller rockers that came on my gt40x aluminum heads work just fine with the valve covers. my egr's are also deleted. as far as tuning goes i have my car on the dyno atleast 3 times a year anyway so tuning wont be a problem at all. the main reason im using the intake is because its a piece of mustang history. i know im not going to gain astronomical numbers with this intake but its a great conversation piece and will look great on my baby. it flows around 3 times more then a cobra setup and since my car is turbocharged it should work great. thanks for the input though. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts