Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
sinse its such a rare intake, what did it cost you. ( what is it worth ) ?

Also i didnt see the air filter and housing in the pics, did it come with it ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Very rare intake. I had a chance to buy one from a guy with two of them, one spare and one in his Roush. Decided to pass after he told me what a pain in the ass it is to install it or service it. Plus you need the hood that goes with it, more $$$$.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

i didnt pay anything for it. i did someone a favor and they gave it to me.
yes it came with the air filter and housing but i no longer need it with my turbo.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Very rare intake. I had a chance to buy one from a guy with two of them, one spare and one in his Roush. Decided to pass after he told me what a pain in the ass it is to install it or service it. Plus you need the hood that goes with it, more $$$$.
any cowl induction hood will work with it but it would sure be nice to find a factory 1 but thats nearly impossible. i have a cowl induction hood waiting to go on but i wont need the air filter and housing since my intercooler piping will go right to the tb instead.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

ive seen them sell for $800-$2000 bucks on ebay. one just sold brand new never installed and signed by Jack Roush for $1500 so it all depends who wants it and whos bidding.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
actually you should throw me that cobra intake if you ain't using it anymore. :yes
its for sale with the tb. Pm me if your interested.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
heres some new pics of the intake after jet washing and bead blasting.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looks real good man.
thank you! i started painting it last night. i will show some pics of the finished product as soon as im finished. i used a new paint that is supposed to look like anodized aluminum. its coming out really nice!

·
Registered
489 Posts
What about the gaskets for that thing? Did you find a place that sells them or are you just gonna make your own?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
hurry up and get that thing on, i wanna see the numbers you get on the dyno...lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What about the gaskets for that thing? Did you find a place that sells them or are you just gonna make your own?
gaskets were a pain to find but i found a guy in texas that has 5 sets and he agreed to sell me one. as soon as i get the set im going to try and find someone local to make me some copies because i know im gonna be taking it off again in the future.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
hurry up and get that thing on, i wanna see the numbers you get on the dyno...lol
im trying lol! my friend and i have a bet going on. he says that my ported cobra intake that i used to have on my car will work much better then the Roush....lol! i think hes crazy! he thinks that with the Roush intake my car is gonna fall flat on its face haha! it may add a little extra lag because of its size but fall flat on its face?? i dont think so. i hope it makes some big gains so i can rub it in his face lol!! j.k.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
heres some updated pics of the intake after paint. i tried to keep it with the scheme under my hood using red, white and blue so it would all match. do you guys think i should ass a few coats of clear? let me know what you think. thanks!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
looks good....i think i would have gone with silver on the lower intake, but thats just me..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
looks good....i think i would have gone with silver on the lower intake, but thats just me..
thanks! the only reason i didnt to silver on the lower was because my last 1 was, and i just wanted to totally switch it up. plus im doing the valve covers silver and i didnt want too much silver on the lower end. thanks for the input though:)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
If your car does end up falling flat on its face just let me know and I'll buy that intake off you lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
If your car does end up falling flat on its face just let me know and I'll buy that intake off you lol.
lmao! ill put you on the list haha!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
thanks! the only reason i didnt to silver on the lower was because my last 1 was, and i just wanted to totally switch it up. plus im doing the valve covers silver and i didnt want too much silver on the lower end. thanks for the input though:)
I see.

Was that a rattle can paint job or did you use a painting gun, cuz from the pics, it looks really good

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I see.

Was that a rattle can paint job or did you use a painting gun, cuz from the pics, it looks really good
thanks! believe it or not it was a rattle can lol! it was done in 2 parts. base coat then topcoat. its made by duplicolor called metalcast. it flows beautifully and dries pretty much on contact, if you mist it on using thin coats. it came out perfect. by far the best rattle can job ive ever done:yes

21 - 40 of 48 Posts