Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Cobra rotors are thicker than gt rotors

Cobra calipers have a wider gap so it can fit the wider rotor.
but i can still use my GT calipers with the cobra rotors?

or will it not work?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Probably not. Cobra rotors with new pads maybe to thick for the caliper to fit over. I did not try on my car so it may fit but like I said when I pulled the gt rotor off the first thing I saw was how thin the gt rotor it was compaired to the cobra rotor

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Probably not. Cobra rotors with new pads maybe to thick for the caliper to fit over. I did not try on my car so it may fit but like I said when I pulled the gt rotor off the first thing I saw was how thin the gt rotor it was compaired to the cobra rotor
ok Im going to run my thinn worn down GT pads until i can get some cobra calipers
thanks for all the help

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
got the caliper on using my worn down GT pads, hopefully this will be fine for a month or so

Didnt bother painting them because i will order some cobra rear calipers soon and clean/paint those.

now i cant get the pasenger side caliper piston to spin back into place so tomorrow i am going to rent the good set of tools instead of the little cube thing.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
how far did you have to turn the caliper in to clear the new thicker rotors.
4 turns or so

it almost fit without turning it at all, i could have probably hammered it on but i didnt want to damage anything.

With 4 turns there is about a 1/4" space between the piston and the pad so i think once i hit the brakes it should be fine.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i was just curious. i wanted to know if you tryed new pads on it or not
i dont think it would fit with the new pads but i did not try.

I will just buy a set of cobra calipers and put them on when i put on my SS lines and Bullitt front calipers.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
and on another note

do i have the swaybar in the right way, im pretty sure i do because when i flipped it around i couldnt get it to clear part of the MM LCA

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ok i got it all done

is it normal for the girdle to be this close the the spare tire well?

the exhaust rubs the tires without the spacers

and thats how the sway bar is supposed to sit right?

I think i need to raise the control arm adjuster a fair bit, its sitting quite low

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
got some spacers to solve the rubbing problem

eibach 1"

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
man i forgot to tell you your probably going to need shorter studs to fit the spacers. but it looks good. the car is alittle low so you might want to check to see how much room you have on the bump stop. also the diff cover is close but its probably just how low your car is.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The studs on the axle fit perfectly into te recesses in the wheels.

I am raising the car a bit because it's too low for the street. I have adjustable LCAs so I just have to play around with them until I get the right height. Raising should also make the diff girdle not hit.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ok i got the spacers on, no rubbing

raised it up a bit

and ive driven it around for a few miles

however, every so often it makes a noise simmilar to if you drove over some debris on the road and kicked it up under the car.

It does not make this noise with the brakes applied.

Im not really sure what it could be.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts